Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It's time for new tires so I called our local Costco today and they said these tires would fit my car (215/50/17). OEM tires have a load index of 91 and these are 95.

I was thrown off by the "LTX" name thinking these are only for light trucks and SUVs.

https://tires.costco.ca/Product?ItemNo=734157&lang=en-ca&tirename=michelin-defender-ltx-m/s&partno=20281&width=215&aspect=50&rim=17

Even here it's listed under light strucks, SUVs and crossovers.

https://tires.costco.ca/Michelin_tires

Does anyone know if they'll fit my little Ford Focus and if so any reviews on how quiet or comfortable they are?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Would not recommend. You could possibly end up with a rough ride, and pour steering feedback. Light truck tires transmit more road force.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would not recommend. You could possibly end up with a rough ride, and pour steering feedback. Light truck tires transmit more road force.

But are the Defender LTX M/S tires only for light trucks, SUVs and crossovers?

Sorry I should’ve posed my question like that in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
But are the Defender LTX M/S tires only for light trucks, SUVs and crossovers?

Sorry I should’ve posed my question like that in the beginning.

Yes. Could you run it on your car sure, but would you want to no.

·
Registered
253 Posts
They have a long treadlife warranty. If you don't care much about the ride characteristics, they're probably fine. Otherwise, the Premier A/S is available in that size and it has been a good all-season tire for me and the treadwear trend indicates it will probably meet its warranty mileage (60k).

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have Pirelli P7 Cinturato's and they are great. I've had them on a previous Focus and they were excellent on that car as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up getting the Cooper Zeon’s because they were on sale. I’ve read good things about the P7’s as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I ran those Michelins on my Cherokee, great tires.
I run alot of dirt roads, considered them but they are so expensive.
They handled great on the jeep, good mileage, good rain handling.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Almost time for me to get new tires. Last time around I got some Sumitomo tires. Got them around 55k, and car now has 111k. They were picked pretty much due to cost but have been good.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What are your thoughts and feelings on Bridgestones or General Tire?

My OEM tires on the Focus were Continental Contitact Pros and they were not bad at all.
I run General Tire Altimax RT43's on one of my cars and they are a great tire for the price. They were actually Consumer Reports #3 tire a few years ago. I'd run them on my Focus for sure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I run General Tire Altimax RT43's on one of my cars and they are a great tire for the price. They were actually Consumer Reports #3 tire a few years ago. I'd run them on my Focus for sure.
Thanks for the heads up!

I took a long hard look at the General Evetrek RTX (very similar to yours and it’s exclusive to Canada I believe).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts