Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New Tires for my 2010 Focus

886 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TwentyTwelve 
#1 ·
hello all--

i'm new here and since i scanned this forum for the first time before making a tire purchase today, i figured i'd supply some of the details of my experience in case anyone else finds it helpful. before i go on, it's probably good to note that i'm likely not nearly as auto-savvy as the average poster here.
[duh]

i was told recently that i would need new tires on my Focus. i was slacking with getting my tires rotated, so, long story short, after that, i had ok front tires and back tires that would soon need to be replaced. drove a few thousand more miles and decided to replace all four.

had a dr. appt. today right next to a Belle Tire in Farmington, MI. Told the guy i was looking for good tires that could withstand bad weather, but not quite snow tires. wanted to feel confident in the muck, but wanted to use the tires in all seasons. He recommended the Dunlop Signature tire with a price of $474 out the door and that being $93 per tire.

i then called a local Firestone center and asked for a tire in the same manner. He recommended the Firestone Affinity tire ($81.99 per tire) which was packaged with a special promotion. That had me $322.26 out the door and according to the invoice, it appears that it was $81.99 per tire. i knew i needed an alignment, which they charged me $79.99 for, so my out the door cost for 4 new tires and an alignment was $407.34.

I wanted to post this in case anyone found the info handy, but i'm curious if anyone out there with the knowledge can let me know if they think i received a bad/fair/good deal.

thanks guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
Posted via FF Mobile Doesnt sound too bad, but you went with an inexpensive tire. But my stock tires were firestones and lets just say Ill never run those again. Just got continental extreme contacts dws tires.

#3 ·
There's really no all-season tire that will provide good traction in snow, ice, mud, etc. There is one that is at the top of the tier for all season tires, but its not as good as a dedicated snow tire (even a mediocre one). It's the Continental Extreme Contact DWS and is getting great reviews from just about everybody. It has an aggressive tread with good handling traits and decent tread wear.

A good source of information on the two tires recommended to you are the Tirerack's testing and reviews.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.