Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tires are officially bald to the point there is 0 tread, just got my return and am wasting no time buying a set. Anyone have experience with Firestone
Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500? I had them before on my magnum and handled amazing even at speeds in the 140 range so I'm thinking they are a pretty decent choice for a focus lol, just wondering if anyone had any bad experiences? Yes they are summer tires but I live in GA so not really an issue [hihi]

·
Registered
149 Posts
You've had them before, liked them, and yet still want peoples opininons on them?

Dedication.

Never have had them myself, but I've seen and felt them in action and theyre a pretty good tire methinks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just making sure I didn't just get a lucky set, Found them on sale definitely not waiting now lol

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Pay the extra $7 a tire for the new ones.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So my tires are officially bald to the point there is 0 tread, just got my return and am wasting no time buying a set. Anyone have experience with Firestone
Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500? I had them before on my magnum and handled amazing even at speeds in the 140 range so I'm thinking they are a pretty decent choice for a focus lol, just wondering if anyone had any bad experiences? Yes they are summer tires but I live in GA so not really an issue [hihi]
The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 are a great choice for areas with little to no snow. If you have super money, Pilot Super Sport is pretty much the king of summer tires at the moment, but you'd be lucky to get 20K out of them and they don't really belong on a normal Focus.

I've had the A/S 3 up to 120 several times, they're great above 40 degrees F and will still get you to your destination in freezing temperatures. Traction wise, they are on par with or beat many competitor summer tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts