Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New throttle body and Volant.

1K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  besthaticouldo 
#1 ·
Holy crap. What a difference the two make. It is like a brand new car. It revs quicker, drives quicker, and sounds phenominal. I can't wait to bolt on the '00 manifold.
Oh, and for those of you haven't heard yet, the wife finally decided on a car... 95-99 eclipse spyder. Now I just have to get my wholesaler to find me one. :)

#2 ·
you are the man bro, I am looking forward to the wheel swap

#8 ·
haha yea ok ill take their 599 GTB Fiorani and see if you can keep up. a sooped up enzo motor in a car that weighs 250 lbs less. omfg. check it out.

#10 ·
yea the super car of all super cars. and if lambos are more your thing check out the new murcialago lp640. its crazy.

#13 ·
that motor has 32 more horse then the enzo and it weighs actually close to 300 lbs less. its a pure sports car in every sense of the word.

check out the june issue of motor trend. its also a lighter motor. its made of all aluminum and the motor is mounted farther back in the chassis for better weight distribution. 85% of the weigh is between the two axles.

#15 ·
Trav-E2.0 said:
I'd go for the GSX. AWD just makes me smile [:D].
By the way, you can't get a GS-X Spyder. In other words, you won't find an AWD Eclipse Convertible that came that way from the factory. Chassis will just twist too much under the load. There have been people who have done the conversion to their Spyders, but having to buy 1500 dollar convertible roof assemblies gets a little old after a while.

Lamar

#16 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_599
Ferrari 559 is good for 612 horsepower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Enzo
The enzo is good for 650 horsepower.

Motortrend quoted the enzo higher, and the 599 lower then those two values... But either way, we are talking about the 599 being more powerful than the Enzo, and it just straight isn't. That being said, the 599 is an amazing machine. Just not an Enzo killer.

#17 ·
hm, either way i would rather drive the 599 beacuse i hate the enzo and i dont like the way it looks. the gtb also has a crazy suspension set up.

#19 ·
Yeah. They stole the suspension off of the Corevette. Of course, they say that the SOFTWARE is different, so it is, to them, an entirely different system. What BS. I am sorry, as much as I like a ferraris' performance, I don't think I would ever buy one. They company bugs me too much. But you let me play with a lambo and that is an entirely different story. The new Murciellago is sick. I want one, and damn creature comforts like comfy seats and a cd player... :D

#21 · (Edited)
smokethebear_280 said:
By the way, you can't get a GS-X Spyder. In other words, you won't find an AWD Eclipse Convertible that came that way from the factory. Chassis will just twist too much under the load. There have been people who have done the conversion to their Spyders, but having to buy 1500 dollar convertible roof assemblies gets a little old after a while.

Lamar
That bites [:(], I dig the Spyder design on the mid/late 90's gen Eclipse. That would also be big pimpin to have the AWD too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.