Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gone a little bit crazy in recent days, and seeing as I'm sooo frickin' excited after my latest ebay discovery, I figured I've got enough stuff coming my way to post a great little teaser! Ok, so nothing to amazing, but I'm happy and it'll be great when she's all done!

f2 header, buying it from another ff'er (hehe). cosi intake, just happened to run across it as i did a search for "focus cosworth" randomly, and that showed up! don't think he's had it on there long, and i may have paid a little more than i otherwise would have had to, but i went ahead and jumped on it for $120+ shipping. steeda rear sway mounts so i can finally get my roush swaybar on, and finally have my completed roush suspension. need to get that front eibach on there too that i've got lol. svt bumper to replace my stocker that i screwed up.

also have ordered roush side skirts from the roush overstock store on ebay. if anyone wants a set, go get them! it's $100 obo, each, and shipping is free. I put in an offer for $75 a piece and they accepted so perhaps you could save a little more even.

darn it i'm excited! oh, also have a spare set of stock headlights i'm going to open up and paint during the christmas holiday. need to paint my chrome grille surround black as well!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Wow, sounds like you're going to have quite the setup man! Seems I got a long way to go, I just ordered my first mod today lol
Congrats though, I can definitely feel your excitement!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, it's been a long time coming! i didn't do any mods till last year, first it was the amp and subs, then rims a few months later, a roush exhaust a little down the road after that, then the roush suspension just a few months back. and now this big rush of mods. it's all about having a few extra bucks and just happening to come across the right price at the right time!

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Nice, having the money at the right time sure is needed for these kinds of things hehe.

Speaking of Roush, since you brought it up, do you know if they still make Focus Hood Scoops? I checked out their site, but nothing there.. only body kit kind of stuff.

My old man just got a Roush Supercharger for his Stang, lucky guy!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://stores.ebay.com/Roush-Overstock

That's the roush overstock ebay store. They've still got loads of focus parts, and a lot of them have the "or best offer" option. I do believe they still have hood scoops as well.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
dahum dude, get those parts on there and get us some pics

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You got a nice amount of stuff to put on. I'm expeciting my F2 header to come in tomorrow, hopefully the snow will hold off so I can get that put in, that or I need to find a garage.

just so you know, the stock U-brackets don't work with the steeda retro-fit kit. Do yourself a favor and get some poly bushings and universal brackets up at autozone or whatever you have around you.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I need to get my sway bar on too :-D should be a very fun weekend of modding! Good luck!

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
So exactly what will a sway bar upgrade help on the car? Just handling? Or is there some ulterior motive I'm not aware of :)

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Well since you have an SES you should already have a rear swaybar stock which is nice. The OP doesn't and must buy brackets to attach one.

A swaybar or rather anti-sway bar does just that. Counters lateral sway of a car through corners and quick manuevering.

Upgrading the swaybars will help with handling through corners. A bigger rear swaybar will help rotate the car better and a bigger front can help keep power to the road as long as it isn't too big. It would also help to have a limited slip differential... But yeah..

If you do upgrade the swaybars though be sure to upgrade the springs. If the swaybars are too stiff for the springs you can really lift inside wheels through corners decreasing traction and overall handling. Hope it makes sense. You can ask more of those questions in the wheels and suspension forum if you would like.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
atta boy, way to mod a car like a true gump crewer...dammit our crew is sexy

·
Registered
584 Posts
I was watching that exact intake on ebay! At least I know it went to a good home. Cool stuff, now go put it on!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was watching that exact intake on ebay! At least I know it went to a good home. Cool stuff, now go put it on!
just randomly searched and there it was, sat there for a few minutes debating placing a bid or not before i just said screw it, buy it now!!! was afraid someone else would jump on it if i only placed a bid instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts