Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Focus SE
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I did a thing today...
It was a bit of a pain to get the OEM hose over it but once I figured to stop trying to cut corners and just take apart everything related to the air intake (hose from filter, clamp, etc.), it made it a lot easier. Not sure of any gains just yet (butt dyno) but I'll let you know as soon as I do. I think my next step is a tune and then I would be done with performance upgrades. The next step would be suspension and then aesthetics.

·
Registered
2012 focus se sedan
40 Posts
View attachment 309818

So I did a thing today...
It was a bit of a pain to get the OEM hose over it but once I figured to stop trying to cut corners and just take apart everything related to the air intake (hose from filter, clamp, etc.), it made it a lot easier. Not sure of any gains just yet (butt dyno) but I'll let you know as soon as I do. I think my next step is a tune and then I would be done with performance upgrades. The next step would be suspension and then aesthetics.
I think tom did some testing with a 63mm throttle body off the Eco boost mustang and found it made no gains, I personally have the 63mm throttle body but didn't notice much of a difference, I think the majority of it is placebo. You will notice most of your gains from a tune, and if you have the dps6 toms tune will improve a lot of the problems it has if not fix them completely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think tom did some testing with a 63mm throttle body off the Eco boost mustang and found it made no gains, I personally have the 63mm throttle body but didn't notice much of a difference, I think the majority of it is placebo. You will notice most of your gains from a tune, and if you have the dps6 toms tune will improve a lot of the problems it has if not fix them completely.
Hello. What is this tune? The engine tune and the DPS6 tune. Is it all in one tune? My ‘13 se hatch has one and it shakes and does its thing when accelerating from stop. It’s been “fixed” under the recall from what the previous first owner said to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 focus se sedan
40 Posts
Hello. What is this tune? The engine tune and the DPS6 tune. Is it all in one tune? My ‘13 se hatch has one and it shakes and does its thing when accelerating from stop. It’s been “fixed” under the recall from what the previous first owner said to me. Thanks.
Yes Tom does tuning through the sct x4 for the dps6 and motor. My car used to shudder at low speed 1st to 2nd shift but with Tom's tune its gone for me.

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
Let me know if you have any questions about my Custom Tune , you can order the X4 from my site listed below

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
2014 Focus SE
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know if you have any questions about my Custom Tune , you can order the X4 from my site listed below

Thanks
Tom
Tom,
I'll be in touch with you here pretty soon about that tune. I believe I'm about done with performance parts. I heard nothing but good things and ready to see what the tune can do

Reactions: 1turbofocus

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks
Tom
Hey! Thanks for replying! I emailed you a couple days back via your website contact box, but assumed you’ve been busy. Was wondering if I were to upgrade the camshaft, would the tune be able to “sync” with the cam?

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
Hey! Thanks for replying! I emailed you a couple days back via your website contact box, but assumed you’ve been busy. Was wondering if I were to upgrade the camshaft, would the tune be able to “sync” with the cam?
What year Focus do you have ?

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
The cams cost 1000.00 and havent proven to add any performance

Tom
Hey Tom. Thanks for the reply. I did not know that, but would take your word as you have vast knowledge on this stuff. I will be taking a look at your SCT X4 type tuner in the next couple of months for my 2013 2.0 SE Hatch, when I have enough to start putting into the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts