Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the latest pics of my system:

I put the AVN2454 back in my Explorer and replaced it with this Jensen VM9021TS. I am so impressed with this unit I'm now going to sell the Eclipse and put another one of these in my Explorer.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
wow very nice!

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I helped a friend install a double-din in his '02 ZX3 today. It can be done but does require a little trimming. I still have to create a trim ring for him though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So how much money does that jensen run?

Why are you so impressed with it? Not doubting you.. but damn if you asked me what i would rather run, jensen or eclipse... id choose eclipse every time... just wondering what makes it better than the eclipse?

It looks like a very nice hu

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
faulkton said:
So how much money does that jensen run?

Why are you so impressed with it? Not doubting you.. but damn if you asked me what i would rather run, jensen or eclipse... id choose eclipse every time... just wondering what makes it better than the eclipse?

It looks like a very nice hu
I would normally agree with you. What really got my attention on the Jensen(I guess I am a poet) is the number of features. IPOD control is included. I've messed with several IPOD adapters and radios and nothing can compare to the level of usability on the Jensen. Giga MP3 support means you can have up to 999 songs on 1 DVD. It supports MP3 and WMA. Has an SD reader. Includes a TV tuner. Has multi-zone support and includes a seperate remote for the second zone. Has rear-zone output for use with headphones. Includes a center channel at both high and low level output. The features are just astonishing to me. You can add NAV if you want it. Even the newest Eclipse AVN6600 doesn't have all these features and many of them are add-ons for Eclipse. I bought it because I wanted to see for myself. I thought for sure I'd end up returning it. You'd have to pry it from my dying hands. I'm even running my full range speakers from the HU and it keeps up with my 2 12s on a JL 500/1 without distortion. The HU power ratings are CEA 2006.

Two months ago I'd have laughed at anyone suggesting a Jensen. This is the best mobile AV unit I have owned. And I only paid $699 for it.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
wow thats amazing! looks great!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry for bringing an old thread back from the dead, but just had to say WOW...
This is the HU I've been looking at for the past 4-5 months for my gf's '04 ZX5.
But... I think if I do get it, it will be for my '07 ST [:p]
BTW, would it fit in the '04?
Do you still like it? Any problems whatsoever?
I can get one for about 550$US , which is a great deal I think.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still have it and still love it. I also installed one in my Explorer. It can be installed in the '04 but requires some customization. The VM9511TS is essentially the same thing but in a flip-out style and would be easier to fit in the '04.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for the reply...
Another few questions for ya...
1 - Does your steering volume control still work?
2 - Where did you put the AV module?
3 - Did you use an aftermarket trim kit and pigtail?
4 - Did you bypass the e-brake to watch video? If so, did you put a switch or simply ground the green wire?

I did not even get my '07 yet and want to change the HU, LoL
How much you think I could get for my OEM 6 disc HU?
I'd put it in my gf's '04, but I'm guessing it won't fit.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - Yes, but you have to buy an interface module
2 - Behind the glove box
3 - I used an aftermarket 2-din installation kit. It's for the F250, Focus and Freestar.
4 - The original unit I bought works with just grounding the wire. The second one requires a toggle switch. I haven't had time to figure why there's a difference.

You should be able to sell the OEM 6 disc on eBay fairly easily. It will not fit in the '04.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts