Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Joined last month to search for a play toy/car for my son. Found one. Low mile 2004 SVTF found on this site from MT. Thank you FocusFanatics.

Had a low mile CSVT a few years back, loved it, but it became unreliable. Seemed like when it hit 100k miles, it was all down hill. Time to move on. My daughter learned to drive it.

Fast forward, my son will be 16 this year. According to her, "I had to learn on a stick, so he does too." So the search for a manual Ford started. Not a whole lot to pick from. Wanted a FWD for my use and eventually his. Started looking at ST's but they are holding there value quite well and I didn't want to send that much. Low mile Foci are hard to find. Looked a one that had under 100k on it, owner said it was nice but had some paint bubbles on the rockers. Drove 3 hours to look at it. I could of put my fist through both rockers. Really! Search continued.

Found this site and my search ended quickly. I know I don't fit the usual SVTC demographics, I am 56 years old, but I loved my SVTC so I thought I try a SVTF. Not many gray haired dudes driving SVTF's. But I'm a gearhead, so I went for it.

I am always afraid to buy a car without personally seeing it, but there aren't many to chose from, much less close to you. So you got to take a chance. This is the 3rd car I have did a long distance purchase. So far so good. Seller was honest with the description, and worked with my shipper, thank you MINTSVT.

I can't promise the miles will stay low, but it will be well taken care of.

Previous toys/DD include, but gone were 3 First Gen SHO's and numerous Fox Body Mustangs, including 3 Saleens. Currently, my wife's DD is a 2010 SHO and I have a 2002 Supercharged Saleen Speedster. Can you tell I'm a Ford fan?

Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone,

Joined last month to search for a play toy/car for my son. Found one. Low mile 2004 SVTF found on this site from MT. Thank you FocusFanatics.

Had a low mile CSVT a few years back, loved it, but it became unreliable. Seemed like when it hit 100k miles, it was all down hill. Time to move on. My daughter learned to drive it.

Fast forward, my son will be 16 this year. According to her, "I had to learn on a stick, so he does too." So the search for a manual Ford started. Not a whole lot to pick from. Wanted a FWD for my use and eventually his. Started looking at ST's but they are holding there value quite well and I didn't want to send that much. Low mile Foci are hard to find. Looked a one that had under 100k on it, owner said it was nice but had some paint bubbles on the rockers. Drove 3 hours to look at it. I could of put my fist through both rockers. Really! Search continued.

Found this site and my search ended quickly. I know I don't fit the usual SVTC demographics, I am 56 years old, but I loved my SVTC so I thought I try a SVTF. Not many gray haired dudes driving SVTF's. But I'm a gearhead, so I went for it.

I am always afraid to buy a car without personally seeing it, but there aren't many to chose from, much less close to you. So you got to take a chance. This is the 3rd car I have did a long distance purchase. So far so good. Seller was honest with the description, and worked with my shipper, thank you MINTSVT.

I can't promise the miles will stay low, but it will be well taken care of.

Previous toys/DD include, but gone were 3 First Gen SHO's and numerous Fox Body Mustangs, including 3 Saleens. Currently, my wife's DD is a 2010 SHO and I have a 2002 Supercharged Saleen Speedster. Can you tell I'm a Ford fan?

Tom

Sorry, title should read New SVTF Owner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw that car in buy/sell/trade and it looks insanely pristine. It’s cool to see stock ones in that condition...I bought a silver ‘03 EAP last year with low miles (73k), but a lot of mods and missing parts, like the plastic underhood covers. I’m hoping to get it looking as good as your new ride, congrats on the successful purchase (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Car is insanely clean. I got a quick look at the undercarriage when it was on the car carrier. Wow! Does not look like a 16 year old car. Put a few hundred miles on it already. Very fun to drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts