Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I just traded in my 2000 SE for a 2003 SVT. I will upload some pics when I take them. You can see below what mods i had on my old car.

Couple questions?

1. My old car had more sh*t on the lower RPM range (1500-3000). What mods should I do to get this one there? Cat-Back and Intake?

2. To make this easier. Gimme a list of SVT Aftermarket parts I should check out.

Thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lmao........THX's

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I don't think a cat-back or intake is going to help with lower rpms. The UDP probably will very little. The best thing to do for lower rpms is a supercharger.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does your's have the same problem? fall on its face in the lower rpm's?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have same experience with mine. It's my theory it has something to do with the twin-plate clutch not grabbing right away. I also have traction control which can really get in the way.

My solution is to turn off trac control and drop the clutch at 2500 rpm...it goes then

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had to settle for the SVT w/ no sunroof, heated seats, trac control

but got it for $13,500 [thumb]

·
Registered
292 Posts
13500 new?

That's a great price.

I didn't want all the extra stuff my car has. But I didn't want to wait to get the car either.

So I took my loaded Silver one right off the transporter!

I've got 11,000 mi on it in 10 weeks!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
read up.........sticker was 20,500.......w/ my trade and a little talkin i got it to 13,500

·
Registered
9 Posts
great deal on your `03! I picked mine up for $16,900 with all options except the HID lamps... I took a $1200 bath on my trade in : `01 ZX3. (I owed 7200 and they would only give me 6000)[mad]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Super Deal!!!! Congrats on the *new* Focus

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
basically, you get one or the other: torque and a slower-revving engine, or high hp, high revving engine...we all know what the svt is. From my experience, it is like a Honda engine with gobs more torque and a nicer engine note (IMO)...my 115 hp jetta (prob ~130-135 crank hp after the mods) had more power off the line...but died above 5000 RPM. My SVT doesn't come alive until then (and more or less, after 6000 when the short runners open up). All in all, im happy with how it runs, despite it falling on its face in the lower rev range.

Nick

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been playin w/ it some more. If i get the RPM's up to 1300-1500 and feather the clutch it takes of nice. To really take off I tried 2500, and dam. Makes my old foci look bad. I was up to 135 whp on that and it never took off like this SVT. I only have 350 miles on this car now, so im guessing it will just get better after its broke in.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase and the price..wow! I can't find one for no lower then $20K!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
looking at my invoice, I paid $18390 before my trade and tax, etc. They threw in wheel locks and lifetime inspections, too. Oh yeah, i got 0% APR also.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I looked at a 5 door SVTF and a 3 door SVTF. They were both loaded and the dealership was asking $21,175. And that's in West Virginia.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts