Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for a great site! I bought a slightly used '03 SVT to use as my daily driver and was impressed with the handling but a little concered about its lack of power below 5k RPM. My weekend car puts down 383 ft. lbs. of torque to the wheels so I just assumed I was used to having alot of torque and it was all in my head. I was surfing through some of the post and found one about the broken DSI clip and thought hmmm what if...I went and pulled the airbox out and sure enough the clip was broken. Fixing it made this car very fun to drive (I like it as much as my Mustang).

I changed the fuel filter and ordered a set of motorcraft copper plugs to try to improve the infamous bog problem from a dead stop, other than a tune is there any way to improve the bogging problem? I don't want to put alot of money in this thing because it is the daily driver and I want to keep it as close to stock as possible.

JLong

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Still a tune is the way to go. If you go with a tune from Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions, you will get three tunes. 2 for power and one for mileage. Contact him, it will be the best money you can spend on that car.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to FF; Silver is the best color, good choice [;)]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Most SVT owners like a tune, CAI, ORP, T/B for power. Also popular are a Steeda short shifter and a VF eng rear lower motor mount.

I got em if you are interested.

Tony D
SVT Owner

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
"as close to stock as possible" thats funny[rofl] [rofl] good luck btw: [welcome] to the boards!![:D]

·
Registered
745 Posts
svt is the way to go...good choice ;) get a tune u wont regret it i guarantee it

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
svt's are great its a great car for the price, and yes like others said a tune will do wonders!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
[welcome] to FF.com the best resource for the focus on the net [:D]
you'll love it and if you love your focus, you'll try to modify it just a little bit over stock [;)]

Tony D said:
Most SVT owners like a tune, CAI, ORP, T/B for power. Also popular are a Steeda short shifter and a VF eng rear lower motor mount.

I got em if you are interested.

Tony D
SVT Owner
how much for the vf mount and the sts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I like to do all the work to my own cars and could not afford to have the mustang out of commision for more than a few days, thats why I bought the focus. The next mod I planned to do was a eaton and 31 spline axles in the Mustang but I guess I'm going to put that money in a tune for the focus. I can see I will end up putting just as much time and money into the SVT as I have the Mustang.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts