Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I've been active on this site for about 6.5 months now and love it!

Anyways, my ZTW wagon was recently totaled, and I am replacing it with a 2003 Pitch Black SVT. High mileage-170k on the clock. But it has a meticulous service schedule, body is in remarkable shape, drives great. Had timing belt and clutch replaced this past year. Just wondering about different maintenance items to look at and possibly stock up parts for. Almost no rust BTW. Power everything. Mach headlights. Audiophile pack. Power sunroof. Heated seats. Traction control. 5 spoke wheels. Everything is great looking on it for such high mileage. I'm glad to own a collectible vehicle!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Good looking car… a little cleaning will make it a GEM!! Great find!!

Check out the suspension of the car for an issues as well… bushings, tie rods, etc. Being the car is at 170+, hopefully that was freshened up.

Look forward to seeing your progress with the car!!

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good looking car… a little cleaning will make it a GEM!! Great find!!

Check out the suspension of the car for an issues as well… bushings, tie rods, etc. Being the car is at 170+, hopefully that was freshened up.

Look forward to seeing your progress with the car!!
Thanks! I've also been told that wheel bearings go out on these so I'll watch for that

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think you have a handle on it… you'll get some great information here…

Just drive and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you have a handle on it… you'll get some great information here…

Just drive and enjoy!!!
I will!

I also have a great parts source in that the guy in buying from owns the Focus Graveyard... He has PLENTY of SVT parts to spare.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's always good to have a "hook up" when it comes to these cars. Parts are getting more scarce and more difficult to find. Thankfully, if you're a forum member or have that "hook up", you'll be able to keep the SVT on the road for years to come!

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's a good plan… look forward to see it in it's "show" state

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a good plan… look forward to see it in it's "show" state
"Show" state will probably be wheels... Detailing... Maybe suspension. It'll be clean as heck though. There might also eventually be some psssshhhh action under the hood if I can get the parts and such.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Again… a fabulous plan… I've done the same with mine… a FULL detail, a drop and instead of a "Pshhhhhhh" mine will go "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"! I'm sill in the process of looking for a great set of wheels, but I'm running into roadblocks everywhere.

I really enjoy the detailing aspect, if you check out some of my threads, if you need any assistance, let me know… black can be a VERY challenging color to deal with.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only rust that's apparent is in the small paint chips in the hood. Otherwise it's in crazy good condition

·
Registered
472 Posts
The only rust that's apparent is in the small paint chips in the hood. Otherwise it's in crazy good condition
From the pictures, it does look to be in great shape for mileage and year for sure…. again, I look forward to seeing it done up.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice svt and Matt is a good guy and can hook you up
I've talked with him personally many times. He knows his s**t, that's for sure. There have been several times where we have talked for long periods of time about svts and foci in general, and I think he was surprised I knew as much as I do lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts