Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2003 SVT and while it has a rebuilt motor and and new clutch ect, it has 180,000 miles on the body and suspension. I have read through a lot of the threads about suspension upgrades and it seems every time I get set on one thing or the other ether it is not being produced any longer (moog CK control arms) or the company is no longer around. I would like to use the car for autocross and I am looking for suggestions as where and what to go with on the suspension side of the car. I would like to keep the budget around $1500 if possible but can go more if needed.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Welcome to FF........http://c-f-m.com has tubular A-arms that are lighter & stouter & have adjustable camber. More forward bite is what I find also.

·
Registered
513 Posts
What I did...

I recently picked up a 2003 SVT and while it has a rebuilt motor and and new clutch ect, it has 180,000 miles on the body and suspension. I have read through a lot of the threads about suspension upgrades and it seems every time I get set on one thing or the other ether it is not being produced any longer (moog CK control arms) or the company is no longer around. I would like to use the car for autocross and I am looking for suggestions as where and what to go with on the suspension side of the car. I would like to keep the budget around $1500 if possible but can go more if needed.
The SVT struts and springs are very good when NEW.

I have had my car since '04 and 3 years ago, replaced the struts & springs with the SVT kit. At that time I also replaced the ball joints and all the bushings with a full Prothane set. Get the clear/white grease made for urethane and use plenty of it. If you use it ONLY for autocross, go with more aggressive parts - coil overs, tubular control arms and maybe even some aluminum bushings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts