Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased new headlights from Rock Auto last week on a manufacturer close out sale. Got the set delivered for $76. No snide comments about the peeling clearcoat on the hood.

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
haha WOW! quite the difference!

I was thinking you got the Mach headlights... I do like the darker housing though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the new fog light housings today. Thinking of LED bulbs in those for trials....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the new fog light housings today, what a difference! I did discover that some of the mounting pieces were cracked/broken. Are these available anywhere other than a salvage yard?

·
Registered
9 Posts
E6Bill, your model looks a lot like my wife's model. She had a fender bender this week, rear ending a Honda CRV. It busted out the passenger side headlight. Couple of questions. Do you know where I can find step by step instruction to get these out? Finally, do they need to be aligned once changed out? Thanks in advance. Dave France

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
E6Bill, your model looks a lot like my wife's model. She had a fender bender this week, rear ending a Honda CRV. It busted out the passenger side headlight. Couple of questions. Do you know where I can find step by step instruction to get these out? Finally, do they need to be aligned once changed out? Thanks in advance. Dave France
You'll need to take the grill out, 4 bolts, the headlight will have 2 bolts on top, and one underneath. To take it out and get new one in should take about 15 minutes or so. Very simple.

Alignment is a maybe, was there any bumper damage to make the headlight sit unevenly? You can plug it in and if the beam is off kilter then there should be a dial at the top of the headlight to move it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts