Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been putting this off all summer, but finally ordered a new suspension. Went through Tousley Ford and got the Svt suspension, m3000 zx3a. Its the pre assembled kit, I went with that one because it was the best deal on new springs and shocks and the shop I go to doesnt hae a compressor, so theyll be able to put them in. If I got the other kit yea its alittle cheaper and you get a slightly larger rear swat but it also doesnt come with many of the bearings and bushings you need. This way is easier and I wont have to pay a shop to put them together. Best part was that touselys price was $70 cheaper then anywhere else. And now they have an online store, which makes it even easier to order through them, and we're not always bothering Steve over there lol. Cant wait to get it in, my car will hopefully ride a lot better and drive straight for once. Im convinced my car pulls to the right because of worn suspension, as my front right spring was cracked and replaced under the recall this past spring. I hope this fixes it, or else Ill have to snoop around for the possible culprit.

Then coming in are Continetal ExtremeContacts DWS tires. Still cant afford two different season sets and I dont expect to have my focus too much longer so just going with all seasons again. My Bfgoodrichs performed well and even so badly and uneveningly worn they still stick to the road, way better then the stock firestone tires (those things were awful). Continetal has a 1 year road hazard program and were somewhat cheaper, so they were the clear choice over the Michelins. Cant wait to see how well my car performs with the new goodies.

Anyone else running with these tires?

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Great choice! I have the exact same setup, plus a Saleen 24mm rear anti-sway bar, on my 05 ST. 205/45/17 Conti DWS mounted on ST200s. Ideal daily driver setup imho. Enjoy!

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posted via FF Mobile And tire rack has a deal where you get a free gps...now I dont have to get mom and dad a christmas present haha.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Just make sure to follow up with a "good" alignment to make that suspension work right and to get maximum life out of those new tires.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just make sure to follow up with a "good" alignment to make that suspension work right and to get maximum life out of those new tires.
Oh of course, hopefully there is nothing else wrong with the suspension and steering components of the car of else I'll have to throw in more money. Please oh please let my car drive straight after new tires and suspension. PLEASE!!!! LOL.

Last time I got an alignment Mavis just made everything 0 degrees I believe. What are others running? I know there is an outline of optimal specs in a sticky. Should I just write those all down and show them thats what I want? I don't do any autocross, just daily driver, but do drive spiritly from time to time. What are your suggestions?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Naturally I recommend the specs in the sticky. Those specs work really well for a daily driver and the results are responsive handling and significantly reduced inside edge tire wear.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Posted via FF Mobile Ok so got the suspension put in and the new tires. Also got new brake shoes. Big difference in braking now, suspension and tires are alittle noticiable so far. Going for alignment soon. How long will it take to get that .5 inch svt drop? The rear seems to be sitting higher then it did before. I know they have to settle in, just wondering how long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts