7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got up today and the fedex guy was at the door
sound splinter rl-p12

side shot

rl-p12, infinity p12, and my old beat up sony sub

side by side comparison of the p12 and the sony

side by side of the rlp12 and the sony

i had another shot of the side by side with the rlp and the p12, but must not have saved it.

these subs weigh close to twice as much as the perfects, and have a huge amount of excursion. very loud and sound great.

can't wait for my ED nine.1

·
Registered
108 Posts
what is the rms watts on them?? my new alpine type r 12's max 1500 and rms at 500 or 550 cant remember right off hand, and what amp are you going to run?

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they have 500 rms listed, but can handle around 700 of so. i'll be getting a amp that will be under rated so they will be getting atleast 600w rms each, maybe closer to 700

·
Registered
108 Posts
i got my amps and subs off of ebay and they work great. a lot of people say bad stuff about buyin electronics off of ebay but i say go for it. i got my stuff for almost half the price of audio shops and crutchfield so buy it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
hahahahaha, too much fun!

Aside from the hardcore break-in, how do they sound with music?

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they sound really good, atleast as good as the perfects, and they are louder. i listen to a lot of metal and they handle the double bass drums great. my car really needs sound deadening, and a good cleaning. all the tools and junk in the back seat rattles like crazy.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Awesome. I've been considering them for a couple of years now. I heard they have great SQL, and handle rock really well.

I listen to all types of music, but when I play P.O.D or Sevendust, I want the tight fast kicks. That's why I've stayed with the IDQ sub all this time.

If I were to try something else, I'd have to try the RL-p.

Enjoy

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when listening to slayer and other thrash metal, you can defintely feel each beat. i can't wait for the new amp and a better box for the subs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts