Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this mount from Ebay!

It attaches in the gap of the CD Player.

I found it to be pretty sturdy to hold my classic ipod or Motorola Smart Phone.

From the front:

From the back:

With an Ipod Classic, with audio out. You can watch and or navigate your ipod, with audio line in.

With my Motorola Photon Smart Phone.

Motorola Photon Smart Phone, landscape , mode.

Netflix and bluetooth streaming audio! [clap]

·
Registered
360 Posts
pretty sweet! so you actually stick it into the slot that your CD's go into?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the ebay seller: mountekusa

Here's the [url]eBay Link[/URL]

I have no relation to the seller except I am a happy customer. Yes it wedges into the mouth of my cd player.

Note: there is a bottom clip which help supports when the unit is in a portait position, and I can even feed my power connector through it (Ipod Classic). The clip is also removable so in landscape mode you can better center the phone, while in landscape position.

Denny

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have gotten the ProClip but not had a chance to install in my Wife's Focus. It will be permanent when I get mine in about 10 days. www.proclipusa.com I went for the center mount. Appeared to be the most logical. Instead of the $34 mount from Proclip I went with the original Motorola car mount ($12 on Amazon) that I will screw into the ProClip part.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Here is another kind of phone holder.
It's better because you can still play your favorite CD's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kind of in the way is it not
My Ipod stays in the center console, no reason to have it out!
My phone stays in my pocket, again, no reason to have it out.
To place that thing in the way of the other controls makes no sense to me at all. I thought the purpose of all the voice commands was to get that crap out of my way, and distract me less...

Bill

·
Registered
533 Posts
SYNC.... Ipod in the center console plugged in, phone stays in the pocket with the bluetooth on. The voice control is damn near flawless and if im navigating somewhere, the voice directions from the phone play through the car speakers.

Those cellphone and GPS mount devices look terrible but more importantly they just invite thieves to hit your car. I work in a rough neighborhood with car break ins all the time in our lot, the cars that get hit almost ALWAYS have a mount on the dash/window and even thrown on passenger seat, or change left out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts