Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m here seeking some advice on a problem.
Just replaced the shift tower in the cars transmission with a new one from Ford along with new cables. But with everything installed, still feels misplaced and won’t go into any gear. (I don’t know if the car is in any gear, but the axle turns)
the only way to describe the shift feel is almost off centered, and must be forced. Not good.
Any input would help, thanks.
image.jpg
D2BF9E0D-75E1-4A3D-BD57-3F817AA9FD41.jpeg

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
If trans itself is jammed up inside all that will not help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That shifter tower got pulled on, hence this jamming problem that happened. Internally things look okay, but as for the internal gear selector rod, and the sliding bracket looks good too. So it’s hard to tell if it’s jammed or not.. I’ll post pics of the internal trans, lemme know what you think. I can’t tell if it’s jammed in gear or not.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
Believe me, I am certainly no expert on that trans, not yet anyway. I do know enough to know that one looks kind of rough inside. If I had an hour I could tell you everything about it but over the web I'm helpless. I probably shouldn't have said anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, at this point, if anyone has any advice or pointers on assessing and finding a jam in the trans before I put it together and pay someone else to take it apart again.

it would be BEYOND appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts