Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Picked up the car today and said good-bye to my Mazdaspeed 3... and hello to my 2012 Focus SEL w/ 303a package!

And I can't believe how awesome the Focus is! I'm already having a ton of fun checking out the new features... from things as simple as the added convex blind-spot mirrors to the ambient lighting... things like LEDs in place of the traditional bulbs even around the license plate... already have my homelink setup with my garage door too

And low and behold, no issues whatsoever with MFT for me SO FAR, although it's not the updated version like they thought it was. Checked my system info and I still have 11081. I'll be making an appt. this coming week to have that taken care of though.

Considering my MFT system has been responsive and relatively quick as is I can't wait to check it out with the updates.

Bluetooth has been painless with my iPhone 4, it paired right up and I've already made several calls from the car.

Not the best pics but here she is:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Congratulations. As an added bonus you didn't have to play the waiting game like so many of us! Let us know how you like it when you've had some extended time to play around with it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So... I had my salesman (great guy btw, can't say that often about car salesmen) look up an SEL in SGM with the 303a package on it. Well, he found one for me. It was the only one in 3 states, and had a pending sale. He waited a few days on it... and the sale fell through, it's now sitting in my local dealership in their delivery garage, with the latest MFT update already installed. Checked it out today and ran through some final numbers... and I should be picking it up tomorrow if the loan application comes through in time.

I cannot wait... seeing it in person in the exact configuration I wanted was awesome. Took a seat, adjusted it to my preference, looked around... oh man it's gorgeous, I can't wait to be driving it everyday. I love my MS3, but this thing in every aspect but performance is leaps and bounds ahead... unbelievable.

And off to work I go.. thinking about the Focus all day...

Congrats on the New Focus! This Car is definately worth the wait, but waiting in general can be so hard, when you know that the car is this amazing ahead of time...

I too got lucky with mine. I Had a small down-payment on a 2012 at dealership #1 (and the salesman there was ok - but not as knowledgeable as I was). Anyway, the dealership ordered a Sterling Grey SE ahead of time with packages/pricing to my liking -- then 2 weeks later -- I saw a newly posted 2012 online at a dealership on the other side of town! It was the same Sterling Gray Beauty but had 2 extra packages included (Sport/Moonroof).

The customer Service at Dealership #2 was Outstanding! Mike was a great guy and didn't hassle me or push me into anything... He knew what I wanted and what I had to work with (since I was trading in my 03 focus as well). Divine intervention stepped in and I got a much better deal and 'more car' at dealership #2 for the the same amount of money -- and it still has that amazing Sterling Grey shimmer!

Good Luck and Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats!! You are really going to love the car once it is officially in your hands!! And great color choice.. I have the Sterling Grey Titanium Hatch w/ the painted machined rims and I just love it!!! In the sun, this color sparkles unbelievably!!! You will not be dissappointed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats!! You are really going to love the car once it is officially in your hands!! And great color choice.. I have the Sterling Grey Titanium Hatch w/ the painted machined rims and I just love it!!! In the sun, this color sparkles unbelievably!!! You will not be dissappointed.

I agree! I love seeing the sun bring out the sparkle on my car when I go out on my lunch-break [woot]

Jennay16 - How is the ti model treating ya? Do you like MFT? I opted only for Sync/Sirius because I didn't know If I'd "want/need" the touch -- but I kind of wish I had gotten one now (inspite of it's many issues on this forum currenty).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats. I am still waiting for my Sterling Gray Ti HB

·
Registered
128 Posts
I absolutely love love love the Ti w/ the MFT!! Yes, there were quite a few glitches with the system.. it had its on and off days but I think it is still amazing.. I didn't have to options to choose from what I wanted and didn't want in the car because I won it so they threw everything imaginable in it lol. But I took it for the update and so far so good.. its a great system!! Is that something you can decide to get later if you wanted??

·
Registered
99 Posts
I absolutely love love love the Ti w/ the MFT!! Yes, there were quite a few glitches with the system.. it had its on and off days but I think it is still amazing.. I didn't have to options to choose from what I wanted and didn't want in the car because I won it so they threw everything imaginable in it lol. But I took it for the update and so far so good.. its a great system!! Is that something you can decide to get later if you wanted??
hmmm -- i don't know. If It is in fact a possibility, i might have to look into it though. At first when I read about all the bugs, I just figured I'd stay away - but the more i see it on youtube and what it is capable of -- I wish I had opted for it. All I know is the car overall was amazing (gas mileage/feel/ride/price/features)and I knew it was the next one for me. How did you happen to win this great ti (if you don't mind my asking)?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
x2 on how you won that thing! I only WISH I had that little extra amount for a Ti!

I'm so stoked about this thing! The power difference compared to the factory turbo'd Mazdaspeed 3 doesn't phase me at all anymore after sitting in my Focus and checking it out... soft touch plastics, supportive, comfortable leather seats... MFT system with the piano black trim beneath it... I'm so excited!

And since I got the 303a package I got the 17" alloys, I LOVE the way those wheels look, it's half the reason I wanted that package in the first place.

My salesman, Glenn, had his hands tied as far as bringing me so low as invoice on the car... BUT he did throw an additional $500 on top of my trade-in which they already offered me more than KBB value for to begin with, in order to be able to write sticker price on the sales sheet and still give me a break on the price, he was great to work with, patient, and it was a few week long process... I didn't just walk in and make a deal, we've been talking back and forth for the past 3 weeks or so, at first my choice wasn't the 303a package but just the 301a, but then after doing some research I realized I REALLY wanted the 303a because I love the wheels and the leather sport seats are a lot nicer IMO than the cloth standard buckets.

Overall, I couldn't be happier, after seeing and driving a Focus I can't believe I ever wanted a Kia Forte to replace my Mazda!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I love mine.....same color Titanium model! I already have a K&N air filter on it with a stainless steel exhaust tip, a Pro Clip phone mount for my iPhone, a tiny (nano) sized 2.0 USB with my music on it, Husky floor mats in front and back and a rear Focus cargo mat. Fixing to take care of the disc brakes and etch the VIN on all the windows next week.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: picked up the car today, edited OP with changes/pics!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice to see another sedan, congrats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts