Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to NEED this car. Hopefully I can convince my wife the need is real.

"Ford's current hot hatch siblings the Fiesta ST and Focus ST are already two pretty great entries into the segment, but there's always a desire for a little more. Thankfully, it looks like the Blue Oval is ready to satiate that need because it's continuing to test the even more powerful Focus RS around Europe. According to our spy shooters, these shots come from near the Nürburgring.

As with previous photos, Ford engineers continue to heavily camouflage the front end of the RS prototypes, but there's a big difference here. Unlike earlier ones, this example appears to have a closer-to-production-ready front bumper rather than just a horizontal strip for the license plate. That may point to development getting somewhat closer to wrapping up. Although, this one lacks the larger rear wing from prior testers, and the exhaust also appears to be a work in progress with the rear diffuser covered in mesh in these latest shots.

The RS is rumored to be using the 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder from the 2015 Mustang, but power is reportedly turned up from 310 horsepower in the 'Stang to somewhere between 325 hp and 350 hp for the Focus. Routing all that just through the front wheels could be a recipe for serious torque steer, and all-wheel drive is potentially being used for better traction.

Unfortunately, no release date is known for the RS yet, but we keep seeing evolution in the test mules. Indications point to it eventually going on sale for the US market, too. Until then, see what you think of these latest spy shots in the gallery."

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/17/ford-focus-rs-spy-shots/?icid=autoblog|check-these-out

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
This will be wayyy overdue stateside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
CFHGARZA;7062305 Unlike earlier ones said:
These people are idiots. This prototype isn't closer to production because it's still wearing the old body.

We'll know it's "closer" when we see a prototype with the new body, just like we saw the progression on spy shots of the base 2015 model several months ago. All of which wore this same hacked-together grill area.

And, all RSs to date used special body panels, allowing for more tire width. That raises the cost overall... if they aren't doing that this time, we're getting a less unique car.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm still hoping that they are just using this ST as a mechanical mule and that someplace tucked away in a secret location is a coupe body version with nice fat fenders. They did sell the last RS as a coupe so why not this one. It's going to be a special segment model anyway. Besides VW sells their Golf R version in both 2 & 4 door models.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
2 door does look cleaner but then again 4 door is easier to get in and out of with a family....either way Ill take one

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm still hoping that they are just using this ST as a mechanical mule and that someplace tucked away in a secret location is a coupe body version with nice fat fenders. They did sell the last RS as a coupe so why not this one. It's going to be a special segment model anyway. Besides VW sells their Golf R version in both 2 & 4 door models.

Where was the RS made as a couple? Only ever seen a 2 door hatch

·
Registered
620 Posts
2 door does look cleaner but then again 4 door is easier to get in and out of with a family....either way Ill take one
I'll grant you that 4 doors may be more practical but I don't know if the RS will be billed as a "practical" car. I'll have to admit thought as much as I rail against 4 doors even I might be tempted. Yes I could get a Golf R in a 2 door but it's styling really doesn't push any buttons for me. Also I've owned so may VW's. Comparing just 4 doors the Focus looks way better than the Golf. I liked the redesign of the Focus when it first came out and I'm just now starting to come to grips with that extra set of doors. Maybe if I could do something similar to this it would be better.

or this

Where was the RS made as a couple? Only ever seen a 2 door hatch
My mistake. I was referring to the 2 door hatch as a coupe and technically that is incorrect. This would be a Focus Coupe if that had built it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've been itching to trade up from my focus se for a st or RS so I can get a manual. Any ideas on the price for if and when this is released in the US? I'm hoping it won't be over 30k :/

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've been itching to trade up from my focus se for a st or RS so I can get a manual. Any ideas on the price for if and when this is released in the US? I'm hoping it won't be over 30k :/
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but of course it will definitely be over 30k. A 2014 ST3 Focus will sticker out very close to 30k. I'm figuring a range of 35 to 39k out the door for an RS.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but of course it will definitely be over 30k. A 2014 ST3 Focus will sticker out very close to 30k. I'm figuring a range of 35 to 39k out the door for an RS.
Ill pay it for a rare well built RS, the first mod will be to remove any type of onstar/sync system

honestly I should open a business removing this crap because the government is about to mandate that all cars have this equipment for your "safety" more like track and trace you everywhere you go and send speeding tickets to you in the mail and probably tax you per mile you drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts