Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've decided to get some lowering springs since i just purchased some adr 17 inch rims with some falken tires... I got a roush body kit and what not, but i am concerned about it being too low. I was looking at either the progress springs or the tein springs. The progress being 1.8 and the tein being 1.5 drop. What do you recommend. I put the rims on and there is a big gap between the tire and the wheel well. So i want to get rid of that, however, i dont want my bumper scrapping. Do you think 1.8 is too low?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I recommend sprint springs (only because I have them). 1.8-2.0 drop.
they are same price range as the springs you are looking at...

You shouldn't scrape at all, just use caution when parking over curbs...
here's a pic for reference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but the kit i have makes the car lower already...

btw... diid u paint ur mirrors urself? look good? how did u go about doing it?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
DuPont vinyl based paint (color code YZ) was mixed up into a 1 pint paint can at my local auto paint supplier. The place was called "The Color Factory" and the guys there are 100% knowledgable and they give me all the info I need to start projects.

The Paint guru suggests a light scuffing with a medium grade scuff pad. Dull up the surface well, Mask off (or remove the mirror glass). Pour paint into the glass jar of a preval disposable spray unit.

Now begin spraying at around 8-10" away from the mirror. You can order DuPont vinyl paint with High gloss so there really is no need to clearcoat.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
focusonit00 said:
ya but the kit i have makes the car lower already...
Look at the picture I posted, my bumper easily hangs over a 4" parking curb.
I am going to install a SVT lip in a week or less, so I won't be able to park over curbs anymore. (I been practicing parking away from them for the past few weeks so i don't mess it up)

anyways, I doubt the kit will be much lower than an ZX3 /w svt lip... so If I can do it, you can too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts