Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you know how to paint, work looks well done and thorough. It's a bit loud/flashy for me to live with but who cares if you like it. Good job
It’s a bit flashy for me as well. I built the car to sell. It was a salvaged car when I got it. I thought it would appeal to the younger crowd.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Great paintwork, really!

But it's in bad taste, really. What on earth were you thinking? The glare from the sun will be unreal...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great paintwork, really!

But it's in bad taste, really. What on earth were you thinking? The glare from the sun will be unreal...
I’ll let you know. I can tint the windows. I don’t imagine it will be that bad. I kept the old pieces. Just in case.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The dash design has always been an issue for me. Too many large, flat, mono-chromatic surfaces. I have the SES with the all-silver scheme, and I even tried matte wood finish DiNoc on the gauge surround and passenger front panels, but it just looks too big and obvious. There are no subtle trim pieces to work with. I considered the faux-grain textured panels from lower SE/base trims, but that pattern is not very attractive either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Better than a cup of coffee in the morning ... will definitely keep you awake on the drive in to work ...
JD ...����

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wanna say I hate it but I can't. Looks pretty good. Seeing more stuff like that in newer cars these days, maybe not so red but it looks modern.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
You notice they aren't shiney surfaces so glare isn't an issue and won't show fingerprints like a glossy painted surface. Asplash of color is nice but it will narrow your buyer market for those who want a Focus.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You notice they aren't shiney surfaces so glare isn't an issue and won't show fingerprints like a glossy painted surface. Asplash of color is nice but it will narrow your buyer market for those who want a Focus.
I've seen tons of mk1 for sale with painted dash parts and I can't recall ever liking one of them. If he could recast these pieces in colored plastic it would be more practical but the overall look ain't bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts