Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2014 mk3 focus with the 6 speaker stereo. i dont really want to change the head unit cause i think it would look dumb. Would it make a noticable difference to just change the 6 speakers? maybe add a small sub? Has anyone done this and have some good advice?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
What is your budget?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly i would prefer to keep it under $500.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Is it the Non Sony system?

What kind of music do you listen to?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i dont have the sony 10 speaker system it's just the standard 6 speaker system. mostly alternative rock.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The first thing I did to my SE was mod the stereo, because the six speaker system produced sounds from music that I had never heard--in a bad way, that actually hurt my ears. There are only two other things on the Focus that are "cheaper" than the speakers and those be (1) the carpet that is so thin that it almost lacks 2 sides and (2) that cheap piece of crap tin that Ford calls an exhaust pipe.

Check out "Crutchfield.com". I recommend that you give them a call and talk with one of their reps. Tell them your goals and your budget.

Always check "closeouts" and "refurbished--same warranty as new" and also "scratch & dent--same warranty as new". Do you really care if the sub you never see has a scratch on it's cover??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts