Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, my previous sub setup was stolen along with my rims while my car was in for service. everything is being replaced at no cost to me, but it begs the question of what to get since most of what i had has been discontinued.

i have found a seller of the amp so that is already taken care of, the subs are what i have to decide on now. i have about $500 to spend on them. they need to be dual voice coil and take at least 400W RMS. i have already been looking at the new sr-series by polk audio and i really like those, but i am still open to suggestions. i like "tight" bass with a lot of low-end boom.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Total Mobile Audio. I have 2 of there Dual voice coil subs. There rated at 400w RMS and JL audio owns them. I have two 500.1 RMS TMA amps to them and they hit extremly hard.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking for SQl, not spl so no 15s for me. i really want to know focusoncalis opinion of polk audios sr-series subs that just came out. an sq sub with 16lbs of magnet. and like i said above i already have an 800W rms amp picked out that i really like and have heard so no need to recommend amps.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the totals i mentioned earlier are equal to Jl's W3. If you want a comparison.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ditto, Soundsplinter RL-p is getting to be known as one of the best SQL subs out there.
2 of the RL-p12 subs will rock your world. I'm not sure if you have enough power though.
Do you have 400w RMS per sub, or 200w RMS per sub available, and at what ohm????
What amp will you be using?

by the way, size doesn't matter when it comes to the performance of the sub

a 15" SS sub will have better SQ than most other 10" subs

it's more about the build, not the size

then you have to have the proper box size for the sub and power being used

i haven't heard anything about the SR subs. I'm sure they are nice subs if they are along the quality of the SR6500 component set. I suppose it depends on the price.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
oh, you 800w RMS total
what amp and at what ohm load?

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
an mb quart raa2400. 800W bridged into 4 ohms, 400W per channel into 2 ohms and 200W into 4 ohms its the same amp that i had before, and whild i havent ordered it yet i am set on getting another because i really liked the way it sounded. i do plan on using it to its fullest at 800W.

on the sr subs i have found them for $260 each and given my good luck with polk audios home theatre equipment i am really leaning towards those. not to say that i am not considering other options, i am just really iffy on buying subs from a company that i have never heard of and dont know will be around in the event of problems down the line. i am all for buying quality products, it just seems that there are a lot of startups lately with no sign of who will be around in 5-10 years and who wont be around.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Soundsplinter is the sister company to TC Sounds, who makes subs for others.
I've spoken with TC and SS, they were both very helpful.

http://www.soundsplinter.com
and
http://www.tcsounds.com

Do some research if you want the SR subs though.

As for the RL-p, I've heard nothing but great feedback for a SQL setup. $230 each for two of them.
I forgot who, but someone here is running dual RL-p12 subs. Do a search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts