Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to remove seats?

Has anyone removed the front seats from a ZX3?
I am wondering about the seatbelt tensioners, (because they fire when the airbag is deployed...)
I don't want to deactivate the tensioners or break anything and I have never removed any seats with these devices. Just thought I would ask before I broke something. I bought new seat covers and must remove the seats in order to install the covers. (these are not slip over covers)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I think the seatbelts work independently of the airbag. Can you post a pic of these covers or a link? I'm having a hard time with this concept.

·
Registered
580 Posts
side impact airbags!

if you have side-impact airbags, you need to get seat covers that have openings where the airbags deploy. otherwise, you essentially make the airbags useless.

i'd rather have functioning side-impact airbags than pretty seats. that's just me. [;)]

edit---

oh, i just found it - they have an mpeg video about their airbag compatibility:

http://www.katzkin.com/SITE/VIDEO/katzkinweb.mpg

so it seems like these would be okay with side-impact airbags. hrm. i'd still like to see if it does anything like void my insurance benefits or something.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the covers on, what a hassle, but it is done and the results are worth it. the electrical terminal below the seat unclips easily enough, so that part was easy. now, how do i delete this thread?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
What's the price on something like this?

I couldn't find any prices.... maybe I just didn't look in the right place...

Crazy matt

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought the set on ebay, look @ post #3 of this thread, there is a link to the auction. i think the seller said it was $1,200 retail... i wouldn't (couldn't) pay that much, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts