Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions say update controler. But do I do that?? I just purchased it from Tom. Do I still try to update the controler. Does not make sence.

Thanks
[chairfall]

CJ

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I assumed it was as simple as getting the tuner and then flash your ecu and drive away. Just trying to get this clear for me......[idea]

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF MobileYou need to download the latest firmware for your tuner. Go to the Sct site, find the latest firmware for your device . Download it to your device and then your ready to ready to load Tom's custom tune to your Sct then install it in the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so I found the site then clicked Tech sup. Went to the flasher. Typed in my serial number. Now what. Sorry if Im making this harder than what is needs to be.......THanks for the help. I soo mustang tune diesel tune but nothing for focus.

CJ

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are a few updates to choose from. mustang diesel obviously not needed. there are two that are just update and the other says down load if it does not recognise your car.

Thanks

CJ

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Look on the back of your tuner and I think you should have some number that has something like a 3013. Look for the firmware update using the number on the back of your device.
..I'm not at home right now or I could be of better assstance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries. Cant complain to someone who is helping. I will get it. I have it down loaded to the computer just not sure even after following the How To Install Device Drivers that i have propperly downloaded it to the SCT. I tried it in the car and all I get is does not support.

THanks!!

CJ

·
Registered
720 Posts
Your device should be relatively new (XP serial number.)

On our site, after you type in your serial number, in RED TEXT the following instructions tell you exactly what you need to do:

SCT will no longer be providing the firmware files as a downloadable link from our website. In order to update to this firmware and any future firmware, please download and install the latest SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford Programmer Device Update Software below. Within this program, select to Automatically Check for Updates while connected to the internet and your device will be updated automatically. The tune revision update will take approximately 5 minutes for completion.

Download that device update software that is listed there, install and it will install the drivers you need. Once finished, plug in your device through usb then select to automatically check for updates. Let that finish then you can choose the load custom tune button to load the custom tune file to your device. After that you are done and can flash your vehicle with that file.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok all I get is NOPRELOAD4.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sct device updater says up todate

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I down loaded the updates from sct site. but all I got was Shell Files. 0 Bytes. When I try to download them to the sct it searches but cant find the files.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok just an update. I ended up having an ECU code Tom has not seen. So I was not totaly lost. Just mostly. He worked on getting the ECU code with me untill 9 at night. Thats amazing. THanks Tom!

CJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts