Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out what I spotted over in a corner of an LAX parking lot. I always wanted to see an RS in person. Finally got to see one & it's the latest model. Wonder what it's doing out here in California with Michigan manufacturwr plates.

Note: Sorry if I can't resize the images, I'm posting from my phone.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
SUCH a sexy car.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Pete's RS > Ken Block's RS

At least Pete owns it himself. Ford still owns Ken Block's.

But I agree. They're amazing in person. When I first saw Pete's in person, I couldn't stop looking at it. Lol.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Just plain awesome.

And yes LAX is a crazy terminal ... but it has some nice curves ... hehe

-Ray-

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
And yes LAX is a crazy terminal ... but it has some nice curves ... hehe
Sounds like one of my exes ...

Anyway, nice spotting. Just wondering, was it in long term or short term parking? [angel]

·
Registered
487 Posts
if its ken blocks why is it michigan plates? Im guesing ford owns it because standard michigan plates dont have the M in the middle there probably dealer plates. Living in teh detroit area you see tons of crazy shit being road tested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like one of my exes ...

Anyway, nice spotting. Just wondering, was it in long term or short term parking? [angel]
It was in the standard paring lot. I did notice that the headrests had a stitched cartoonish skull with a "43" on it (not shown in the previous link).

Had I known it was Ken Block's I would've been way more excited than I already was. Didn't take too many pics as I didn't want to raise any red flags for LAX security. Swarming with cops.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
if its ken blocks why is it michigan plates? Im guesing ford owns it because standard michigan plates dont have the M in the middle there probably dealer plates. Living in teh detroit area you see tons of crazy shit being road tested.
Exactly, Ford owns the car. I'm pretty sure that's how they got around getting the car into the states in the first place.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
That "M" stands for a Manufacturer plate. And it has MI plates because Ford owns the car, not Ken himself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts