Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got some new 18'' KMC Rockstar Black Rims put on my whip with some thin thin thin tires. I also tinted up the two chrome strips and ford logos on the front and back. They work well with the dark tint. What do yall think?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks good. I don't know if I would have blacked out the door handles and mirrors though.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
My momma told me, if you have nothing good to say, to keep quiet.
[dunno]
But he asked.

I think what you've done makes the car look cheap. And now the headlights look like they don't belong on the car. The star center caps, well... Are those even the correct size tires for overall stock diameter? It looks like you have tons of wheel well gap. This is just my opinion.

Pro photo tip: Don't take photos of cars with the front wheels turned.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
Why not 20s? those wheels come in that size, I dont like the star in them, would rather it be all black wheel.

·
Registered
336 Posts
umm buddy, it only looks good to stormtroop your car if you have a white car. buff off those mirrors and door handles [bath]before its too late. Rims arent too bad, if you drop her about 2/3 inches

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
^^this needs more low but everything else looks good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah they're stock. 18'' rims with 215/35z r18 84w tires. Biggest rims I coulda gotten to keep the speedometer and everything stock. If I dropped the car then it wouldnt be stock and would prolly rub. And I got the car with the mirrors and door handles black like that, its the S series. Buffing them would make them look glossy?

And nah the lights came stock like that too, havent touched em.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Why not a black car?! Then you coulda been running black on blackkkk then all the small mods woulda come together and looked [driving]!

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
that silver does still look good all blacked out. keep up the good work man.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pic of badges please
Sure, here are some photos, the guy used a black translucent vinyl overall of it, he even got the ford logo on the steering wheel!

And before all the haters start hating, yeah I gotta clean the bugs off the front lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like it. One of the reasons I went for an SE instead of a SEL is I don't like the chrome trim, I hadn't thought of blacking it out.

At any rate, I like what you have done, I just think what you did would have looked better with a white or red car, but I don't Think you can get Red on the S.

I am not personally a fan of the Ingot Silver color anyways, that is just my personal bias I suppose. But he'll who am I to judge my tastes are not normal, I bought a Frosted Glass.

Anyways, cool car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like it. One of the reasons I went for an SE instead of a SEL is I don't like the chrome trim, I hadn't thought of blacking it out.

At any rate, I like what you have done, I just think what you did would have looked better with a white or red car, but I don't Think you can get Red on the S.

I am not personally a fan of the Ingot Silver color anyways, that is just my personal bias I suppose. But he'll who am I to judge my tastes are not normal, I bought a Frosted Glass.

Anyways, cool car.
Thanks bro, I appreciate that!! See, this kinda post is so much more thoughtful/intelligent then the generic "i hate it"

If you put money into wheels and tires why didn't you just buy a higher model with more options instead? That what I would have done.
Cause I'd rather have sick rims then the buggy ford sync thing. if i wanted to talk to my ride i'd buy a horse.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I prefer color matched stuff. But it looks decent.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cause I'd rather have sick rims then the buggy ford sync thing. if i wanted to talk to my ride i'd buy a horse.
Yup, I skipped the whole sync thing too. An Aux cable for my iPhone is all I need.

I would have gone for a S as well, but I really wanted Cruise Control.

Hell, the Focus I bought was the last expensive on the lot, and the only one without sync or MFT, so I am definitely with you on that.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts