Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting some new rims probally tomorrow. My buddy is offering Some KAZERA rims for 500. 2 of the rims have brand new racing tires on them. Never heard of them? Are they decent? worth the price? I also dont know if i should get 17's or 16's.

So im asking for some opinions and help. What size rims should i get and what color and everything. Brand u know the original stuff. Im thinking about lowering my car so think about that to

The advantages i see in both are is that 17's will look alot nicier then the 16's but the 16's i wont have to buy new tires for i could just put my old ones right back on. and i drive a silver zx3 focus.

Please and thank you on suggestions =)[unsure]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Kazera is a reputable brand sold by the Tirerack. They are popular because they are fairly light and durable for reasonable prices. As far as aesthetics, trust your own judgment, your the one who has to like them not us. 17's usually have more rotating mass than a smaller wheel as the weight is distributed farther from the hub. Depending on how much additional weight, acceleration and braking can be negatively impacted.

Please don't use race tires for street purposes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a set. They are very good value for the price. I got the lightest 16" I could get. I paid around $400 for them new at tire rack. Even though I have big winter tires on them I can definitely feel better response and acceleration out of my car when I have them on. Thinking about putting some R compounds on them next summer. Overall a very good performance rim for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a set of Kazeras and would give them a "good" rating. They look great, take corners well with the Kumho rubber, but are still 18's so you can feel the extra rotating mass.

I would go for lightweight 17's or 16's, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That rotating mass stuff is no joke. I'd go 16s if you wanted a balance between performance and show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts