Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new 16x7 Motegi wheels installed today ... running Kumho 215/50R16 tires ... love the look.

Pics :

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks good. Just need some spacers in the back and a bit of lowering!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
There they are. That red looks really good on your car. They were a great choice.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I spy my twin.. lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ... the car's already lowered on FRPP springs/dampers ...

And Ray, "twin" ... almost lol

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
i love the look of the 16's on the later moder cars, better then 15s and more DD friendly then 17s+. How do the tires fit? I'm getting ready to stick a set of 205/55-16s on myself.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very nice wheels man. i just have one question...why only one rain gaurd for your windows? haha
Thanks and only one rainguard since I'm usually alone in the car, and they're HUGE, so I only wanted to install the one for ME ... lol

i love the look of the 16's on the later moder cars, better then 15s and more DD friendly then 17s+. How do the tires fit? I'm getting ready to stick a set of 205/55-16s on myself.
The tires fit perfectly ... and she handles GREAT on my local curvy road that I recently started using every day to go to work and back ... speed limit on it is 25-35 but it's so much more fun at 55-60 ... lol

Those are possibly my favorite Motegi wheels evar. Good choice.
Thanks man ... I love them so far [:)]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gorgeous! I'm buying the mr121s sooner or later here, glad to see another second gen with Motegi lol
Thanks Slate ..... I'm actually surprised at the HUGE improvement in looks with these rims on ... I LOVE THEM [:)] ... lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks Slate ..... I'm actually surprised at the HUGE improvement in looks with these rims on ... I LOVE THEM [:)] ... lol

Hey, nice car man. The wheels look great. Weren't you the guy with the Continentals though?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wheels lookin really good [thumb]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, nice car man. The wheels look great. Weren't you the guy with the Continentals though?
Thanks Giancarlo ... I considered Continental tires (Extreme Contact or something like that) when I was looking into 17's, but once I decided on the 16's, I really didn't have many choices in the 215/50R16 size ... Tire Rack lists 4 tires ... when I compared them, the Kumho was one of the lightest and had best customer reviews overall ...

Wheels lookin really good [thumb]
Thanks man ... just received the black lugnuts tonight, so I should have them swapped out soon ...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks Giancarlo ... I considered Continental tires (Extreme Contact or something like that) when I was looking into 17's, but once I decided on the 16's, I really didn't have many choices in the 215/50R16 size ... Tire Rack lists 4 tires ... when I compared them, the Kumho was one of the lightest and had best customer reviews overall ...

Thanks man ... just received the black lugnuts tonight, so I should have them swapped out soon ...
Yeah, The Kumhos are good tires too, don't get me wrong. :D
I think they come with the factory with Kumho tires here in Canada, I remember when I rented a 2010 SES it came with them.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like them so far [:)]

And as of a few minutes ago, it's official ... the Focus has black nuts [:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts