Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I saw mention of a BRP rear stress bar that bolts on, instead of needing to drill. I am looking for one like that, but I cannot find one online anywhere. So, do you guys know of any other stress bars for the rear, where you do no have to drill?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i didnt even know there was a different option, on to Google to search!!!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i have been searching all night. no go. i have an 05, so that ebay wont work. i am looking for one that does require drilling. i cant believe noone hasnt come up with one that just bolts up to the rear towers instead. one guy on here said he got the brp one last april, but i cant find one at all, not even a reference.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The suspension designs and the interior of the cars (as far as the trunk spaces) has not changed. See as the focussport one works for all Foci. It doesn't matter what year you have.

Whats the problem with a little drilling? The install is honestly so easy. It took around a half hour with a friend helping me. The Focussport one is cheap, comes with all parts needed to install it, easy to install, and really works.

I know there are some who have this rear bar and love it but honestly I wouldn't want to brace my chassis against the two wimpy shock bolts there. There is a reason Focussport has you drill the holes through the thick ( i beleive 3 sheets) sheet metal. Chassis bracing is not something you want to do in weak spots.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
com -on nem, just drill that sucker in there. its not that big of a deal, as long as you spray the outer bolt with some kind of paint that will not allow rust to build up, you should be fine. if drilling a hole makes you feel bad , after you drive and see how much of a dif you will feel better.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
^^

thats a swaybar he is looking for another type of stress bar besides the focussport one

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Check the search botton. Someone somewhere on here was selling one that does bolt onto the shock towers. I also remember that that is not the best place for it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The ones that attach to the shock towers I dont think will allow you to stiffen the chassis enough to make a difference. I have that focus sport one that you have to drill and I love it. The drilling isnt that hard to do and really doesn't affect anything

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Also I wouldn't want to put any stress on the bolts. Imagine if one broke off..

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
The ones that attach to the shock towers I dont think will allow you to stiffen the chassis enough to make a difference. I have that focus sport one that you have to drill and I love it. The drilling isnt that hard to do and really doesn't affect anything
x2 ^^^^^[headbang]

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Also I wouldn't want to put any stress on the bolts. Imagine if one broke off..
There not that much stress on those bolts. That bar is meant to tie two shocks together and connect the rear end as one unit and to strengthen it.
I don't think we are comparing apples to apples here.
FS bar works differently than BRP.

I believe FS bar works mainly with body flex. BRP ties everything together making sure it stays where it should be.

In the end looks like achieving the same result of less sloppiness in the rear during cornering.

I've had BRP bar for about half a year now and haven't had any problems and it works. I'm not the only one who has it, ask honhon if you don't believe me.

Maybe FS does better job. I can't judge.

How much flex in the rear are we talking about? 1/4 inch max? Even if there is that much flex, nuts are tighten to only 13ft/lbs and sitting on the rubber bushing which if necessary will absorb any force before bolts break.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
beef, u have one of these brps? can u please post some pics? so, i wasnt nuts. there IS one out there. ill PM that roush guy, see how much they are. ill also ask honhon about it, if he has that one. now, why would there be any issue with doing it at the shock towers?? that is exactly what i want to keep tightened....any of my last cars that i did the rear, they used the tower nuts. the focus is the first i have ever seen that goes right into the body.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh, and the other reason i want to do the tower mounts is cus they are a little higher up, and so the bar sits higher, therein blocking less of my fold-down seats area...which i use from time to time.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i have the BRP bar... its a good bar. i like it. and jim is a good welder and a good guy...

i cant really say how it affected the car, because i could personally put a 200shot of N20 on my car and hardly notice it... but i did notice that the rear end does start to follow alittle better rather than hanging out to dry.

i didnt want the FS one because if i was going to drill into my car to install a bar. i might as well as wait for a roll bar or cage to be welded in... so the BRP will suit me for now and may even stay in just to keep the top of the struts tied together... which i do feal is a good idea. sinse most strut bars attach to the top of the struts to tie the struts together to make a proper square/rectangle of the suspension.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks chris, yeah, thats is what i thought. this focus is the first i have seen that did this, instead of tying up the rear suspension. on our cars, the rear sway acts as the lower rear bar, so i wanted to do the top too.

anyone disagree?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
orry, and can someone post a apic of the brp bar? ive never seen one, and it seems many never even heard of it, like me...til last night lol.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts