Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just thought I'd ask around and see what the general recommendation on new rear drums for a 2003 SE model would be. I have the stock drums now, and I think they are starting to wear down a little by now (87,000 miles) and are getting pretty noisy. Rather than have them resurfaced, I'd like to get new drums with new wheel bearings and wanted to ask what recommendations are.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Drums are pretty much drums. Just buy from a reputable company and stick with a name brand if possible as it will usually mean a little better quality control...Raybestos as an example. Bat Inc also sells some good drums as well as as drum/shoe kits. One thing to keep in mind, the wheel bearing doesn't always come with the drum. In the long run, its usually cheaper to buy the drum with a new bearing already installed than to buy them separately, or have to pay someone to press the bearing in if you don't have those capabilities.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I'm going to be getting new drums with the bearings already pressed from Bat Inc. Good price, I would recommend that.

And from what I hear, focus.c-f-m.com has good rear drum shoes. The best kind that's out there anyway. Just what I heard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was actually looking at the drums from Napa that come with the bearings already pressed in. O'Reilly carries Brembo drums, but I don't know if they come with bearings or not. The SVT kit would be nice, but I don't have THAT much money to spend. I had looked at the BatInc and wondered if anyone around here used them yet.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
honestly any OEM replacement will be just dandy!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Unless the drums are scored, out of round, or worn past spec; you really don't need new ones, or to have the turned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts