Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just installed a new pioneer radio so i can play my ipod, but whenever I turn the car off for more than about 10 seconds I lose all my presets, clock, everything.

I checked and double checked all my wiring and everything seems to be color coordinated and matched up. I also check my fuses and they seem to be good too.

If I turn the key to the off position and then back to the ignition position in under 10 seconds or so it will remember all my settings, which tells me there residual power in the line but then it stops.

Any suggestions?[vommit]

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Sounds like you don't have the constant 12v connected right. Go back and triple check. If all your connections are truly connected, it shouldn't be doing that.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yeah thats wierd ...if all else fails try a new deck...but it sounds like the yellow wire for sure but i donno

·
Registered
259 Posts
my brothers car and a couple customer cars ive done have had that problem. they all had the blaupunkt stereo and when they came to the shop, the head unit was on, but the display was messed up, and no audio would play. i just ran a new wire to the ignition for constant and switched power and fused them and had no issues since.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
test your constant 12v wire (yellow)....it should always show 12v regardless if the car is on or off...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts