Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my wifes new 2012 Blaze Yellow SE Sport HB monday night. We love the car so far. This car was sitting on a lot an hour and a half away, and it was brought to my local dealership. we had specific options we wanted and it was the only blaze yellow currently available in the region with those options and a few extra ones. It had some mileage on it. Around 900 miles to be exact. But we decided we were ok with that.

Right off the bat at the dealership monday I noticed it was missing the all weather floor mats that were supposed to be included with the winter package. Dealer ordered them for us and we are going back to pick them up saturday morning, as well has have the keypad/remote start all programmed.

Got the car home monday night in my garage with more adequate lighting, noticed a few things.
Theres a very very small chip in the paint on one of the fenders near the head light.
Theres a very small, barely noticable stain on the lighter cloth on one of the front seats.
Missing 1 valve cap on one of the wheels. Really stands out on the black 17's.
We only have front carpeted floor mats right now.....should I also have 2 rear carpeted mats? OR does the winter package replace the carpet mats and we got 2 front carpet mats for free?
The center mesh trim on the top of the dash is bent...as in the end corner nearest the gauges is bent up from the dash a little bit. My wife just noticed today

These are all things we did not notice at the dealership, the lot was not as well lit as daylight or my garage.

I am going to ask them to take care of these in one way or another when we bring the car back in Saturday. I want to put the car thru its paces a little tonight to make sure the auto trans is working as it should or they will be applying a TSB as well.

Anyways, any insight on the floor mats situation would be helpful. I assume they owe me 2 rear carpeted mats though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, no rear mats. I just leave the all weather mats everywhere but the front passanger seat, my wife doesn't like them unless the weather warrants it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a Titanium with the winter package that winter floor mats came with. We got front and back winter mats.

It sounds as if you car was a demo, I hope it was well dicounted!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a Titanium with the winter package that winter floor mats came with. We got front and back winter mats.

It sounds as if you car was a demo, I hope it was well dicounted!
My 2003 Focus was a showroom model that I bought in 2004. It had spent the year inside. Sure the thing had seen more asses than a strip club, but I got a good 4 or 5 thousand off the sticker price.

My 2012 had it's front and rear winter mats, just no rear standard mats. As far as I know no SE's come with standard fabric mats for the rear.

The OP has his original mats, just not the weather mats. They probably took them out, as you said, possibly a floor model, just so someone wouldn't take them from the open car. If they are getting replaced, it's not the end of the world.

Those cosmetic issues on the other hand....

·
Registered
50 Posts
You should of asked them to take into the shop so you could of looked at it better or come back when it's light out so you can look it over with a fine tooth comb.
I hope they make good on it for you !
Once you drive it off the lot it's yours as you accepted delivery

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with the sales manager yesterday on the phone, he said they are going to take care the issues I mentioned when we bring the car in this weekend to get the remote start programmed.

The got the all weather mats for us, sounds like we got the carpeted ones for free.

Im happy to report the trans seems to be working fine. It does upshift pretty early, but I drove it around for an hour in various conditions and didnt experience anything that I would consider a shudder that everyone keeps talking about. no rpm flare, no rough idle, etc... i made my wifes avg mpg drop by 1 mpg, haha, the next day she had bumped it back up 2 more mpg.

Another easy question for current owners.....is there anyway to have an "instant mpg" readout on the display, not an average? I find that makes it a lot easier to adjust your driving habits when you can see the direct mpg result of your inputs.

we were able to purchase the car under the x-plan, so as long as they make good on these little blemishes, I feel like we did ok pricewise. I feel like they want to do the right thing here, we were told about the mileage on the car after the fact when they went to go pick it up from another dealership, and they also kind of killed us on the trade in values of our old cars and they know it. my first new car buying experience being "the negotiator"....a few lessons learned I suppose.

·
Registered
416 Posts
New purchase woes? This is all you have? Trust me, there are many out there who are suffering with some serious issues. Sounds for the most part all of yours are cosmetic. You should be very thankful. They're all things that can be easily addressed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in retrospect, its not really the best thread title given the problems of some others. I agree we are pretty lucky that the car as a whole is working as it should be.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
To each their own with what they consider woes.

What do you mean they killed you on your trade-ins?

If you got less than KBB, AND had to pay even X-plan for a car with almost 1,000 miles on it... well, I think you got ripped off a little bit.

That's more or less a used car, which is devalued greatly already. But if you're happy and you think it was worth it, all the power to you, just don't let your concerns and issues go unresolved, then you're really letting them have their cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Iis there anyway to have an "instant mpg" readout on the display, not an average? I find that makes it a lot easier to adjust your driving habits when you can see the direct mpg result of your inputs.

Resetting the MPG meter on the fly.
You can just hold down the left side steering wheel 'ok' button when the cluster meter is in MPG mode. The meter will reset itself.
Once reset it takes about a quarter mile to show anything. Then it will also be a little on the low side of mpgs for another half mile or so.
You can reset anytime, standing still, moving.. no problem.
The positives of reset is the meter is way more reactive to drinving inputs.
So you CAN see the result of any hill or valley, and the terrible waste of gas at stoplights, or when having to aceelerate from a stop.
Good luck and have fun.
I was glued to the MPG meter for the first month..
And since you have two users, one can be recent, and leave the second user long term.. (though you cannot set the 'users' to separate keys if you want to use both 'users' for yourself)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Resetting the MPG meter on the fly.
You can just hold down the left side steering wheel 'ok' button when the cluster meter is in MPG mode. The meter will reset itself.
Once reset it takes about a quarter mile to show anything. Then it will also be a little on the low side of mpgs for another half mile or so.
You can reset anytime, standing still, moving.. no problem.
The positives of reset is the meter is way more reactive to drinving inputs.
So you CAN see the result of any hill or valley, and the terrible waste of gas at stoplights, or when having to aceelerate from a stop.
Good luck and have fun.
I was glued to the MPG meter for the first month..
And since you have two users, one can be recent, and leave the second user long term.. (though you cannot set the 'users' to separate keys if you want to use both 'users' for yourself)
Good job explaining the best know workaround Elizabeth. But, this omission is annoying to me on an otherwise super high-tech vehicle. I had a '97' minivan that that displayed either current OR average MPG and I agree with the OP friction that instant MPG is far more useful for those trying to monitor and maximize their MPG habits. I don't complain about a missing feature that would add cost to every unit because mfgs have to control cost. However, the computer already has everything it needs to display this value and it probably would have taken the original programer about 2 hours to add this feature for every owner.[bigcry]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts