Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd really be interested in seeing a picture from directly behind the car to see how it exits the rear bumper. I might want one with in a 3" with a traditional bolt on flange.
^^Ditto and it looks like it goes under the suspension instead of over it? Ether way wish I could get one for my car.
http://tsmithr1.homestead.com/files/hks1.jpg

Look up a HKS or OBX exhaust for the zetec, it's the same pathway, but what would be the concern for most, is having a 3"+ pipe direct under the subframe on a LOWERED car.

I know Jared is running those intrax springs i sold him, but anymore lower could be a problem or dented pipe.

Great job though TopSpeed! i like that you're bringing back the under-axel style.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
bumping for sound clips or a shot from behind the car

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
have you guys had a chance to test fit on a duratec car yet? wondering if itll be ok with the slightly larger gas tank.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Have you priced a 304 stainless 3" they are expensive. The TS aluminum is pretty much the same price as the corresponding size stainless system. 15.5lbs for a 4" exhaust is crazy light. a 4" SS would be at least 60lbs.
And yes I have. Trubenz, I have 2.5 diameter 304 stainless steel for my girls 03 zx3, and it only cost me $220.00.[hihi]

·
Registered
280 Posts
And yes I have. Trubenz, I have 2.5 diameter 304 stainless steel for my girls 03 zx3, and it only cost me $220.00.[hihi]
a 3" kit with single magnaflow muffler is $405 and that does not include the 75 bucks a muffler shop is gonna charge to weld the exhaust hangers on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey,

Im looking at one of these setups for an autocross car.

Do you think that with a 3" and 2 mufflers it could be around 100 db? The SCCA has a 100db limit as National Tour events?

Thanks!

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
any space for adding anotehr muffler maybe? it sounds really nice but that might attract a bit too much attention to me from jhonny law. that and ricers.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
planning for the future. could it be made to come straight out the back? in the pics its angled, i HATE THAT with a passion.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey,

Im looking at one of these setups for an autocross car.

Do you think that with a 3" and 2 mufflers it could be around 100 db? The SCCA has a 100db limit as National Tour events?

Thanks!
With the 3 inch you should be fine.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
any space for adding anotehr muffler maybe? it sounds really nice but that might attract a bit too much attention to me from jhonny law. that and ricers.
We currently make them with your choice of 1 or 2 mufflers but there is still room for a 3rd if necessary

21 - 40 of 46 Posts