Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do too many many people asking about Jared's new aluminum exhaust system that we put together, we have decided to start offering this for sale. They will be available in 3", 3.5" and 4" configurations. The front will simply have 1 vBand flange and it will come standard with one muffler. This will be custom built at the time of order.

Prices are as follows:
3.0" $499
3.5" $599
4.0" $699

Secondary muffler will be $100. Any additional flanges or changes will be extra.

This exhaust is designed for weight savings and performance. 4" version weighs approx 15lbs vs a stainless 4" would be close to 50lbs.

Exhaust systems that are to be shipped will have to have an additional flange than what is pictured due to it being too long for ups. If you want to pick one up it can be all one piece.

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts
what mufflers are used? any sound clips? and what's the reason for the tailpipe being cracked in those pictures?

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
i'd love to pick one up as long as could get a 3" with a standerd flange on it (bolts) for my zx3.... the thing you guys are making are going to make me broke in a good way,lol.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
wow thats super badass

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I'd really be interested in seeing a picture from directly behind the car to see how it exits the rear bumper. I might want one with in a 3" with a traditional bolt on flange.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
that looks great.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
What are the advantages of this set up?

Going under the axle I think is for more straighter flow right?
And what's the advantage of it being aluminum over 304 stainless steel?
And does it cost that much cause of what it's made of?

Thanks in advance Top Speed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What are the advantages of this set up?

Going under the axle I think is for more straighter flow right?
And what's the advantage of it being aluminum over 304 stainless steel?
And does it cost that much cause of what it's made of?

Thanks in advance Top Speed.
Have you priced a 304 stainless 3" they are expensive. The TS aluminum is pretty much the same price as the corresponding size stainless system. 15.5lbs for a 4" exhaust is crazy light. a 4" SS would be at least 60lbs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
so.., this means i need to put v-bands at the end of the cat on a stock zx3? will you include this so a muffler shop or someone can just weld it and then install the system? why not make 2.5" versions because 3" nowadays is tooo ricey

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
3" and up because this is meant for big power applications. im sure you can have the flange cut off and adapted

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
the 3" and larger is mainly for boosted cars, correct me if im wrong.

Im going to be keeping an eye on these...i may have a project lines up for next year.

·
Registered
280 Posts
so.., this means i need to put v-bands at the end of the cat on a stock zx3? will you include this so a muffler shop or someone can just weld it and then install the system? why not make 2.5" versions because 3" nowadays is tooo ricey
With the aluminum you should go up a size bigger than you would normally run to help keep the heat down, Im sure TS would recommend this. Aluminum has a much lower melting point than steel and therefore will start to get soft at a lower temperature. These are for the true enthusiast and is meant for someone wanting the bigger piping but dont want the added weight of the larger exhaust. They are becoming increasingly popular with the evo and honda crowd and even muscle cars. I think it is an awesome idea and can't figure out why no one did it sooner. There is NO negative aspect of going too big on the exhaust other than a bigger pipe will be louder than a smaller one. You are not going to lose power because of a lack of back pressure or any of that nonsense. Back pressure is bad and you don't want it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts