Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I posted this to the old forum, can't find it, so I'm posting the original post here, with an update...

First, the Update

I have 12 kits cut to size and patterns cut, now I have to do some touchup finishing on the edges. I should have them on the website for ordering in the next couple days. I will offering them without a cut-out for a snorkle for those that just want a sheild, and then 2 versions with a cut-out for either the regular Focus snorkle(you use your stock snorkle, snorkle not included in kit), and the 3rd version is the SVT snorkle version.

I have not found any "lids" for the snorkles yet, and unless I find some before I start selling them, you will have to find a way to "cap off" the snorkle during a rain storm and/or winter time. I do not recommend you use the snorkle without a "lid" during a rain storm, as water will definetely rush up the snorkle and go right to the air filter, and that's not good...

Now the old part:
I call it the AEM CAI Ram Air Shield. Protects the filter from everyday dirt and whatnot, rams air to the filter at the same time. Uses the SVT Snorkle as the ram air, can be "capped" during rain or winter use.

What do you think ?

[:D]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Ray is that plexiglass? how does it hold up? and you could always make a plug out of some sort fo foam block like the big dragster scoops

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, plexiglass. Should hold up fine. I've had mine on my car since mid-June or so, and while it's dirty, it's still holding up. I'll include more specs on the plexiglass later, it's a good quality sheet...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Is this only for the CAI? Are you planning one for the short ram, too?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZX3_Chick said:
Is this only for the CAI? Are you planning one for the short ram, too?
This particular design is for the AEM CAI. I am working on something for the MAC short ram, but it's going to be a while.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

I have 12 kits ready to go and will be making more over the weekend. Order online at http://www.myFordPerformance.com/ under the category [Focus] Engine Performance Products & Dressup Accessories

3 choices available:
  • Plain Weather Shield, no cutout for either snorkle, IE, no "ram air" effect.
  • Standard Ram-Air Shield, with cutout for the stock Zetec snorkle, you supply the snorkle from your stock intake kit.
  • Jumbo Ram-Air Shield, cut and assembled with the SVT intake snorkle for maximum ram air affect.
All kits include mounting hardware, instructions and a Lifetime Warranty. Simple 5 minute installation, no cutting or drilling required!

[:D]

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: I found some "lids" for the snorkle to be used when it's raining [thumb] Good secure fit, should stay in place, comes with each kit.

SVT Snorkle Kit (SVT Snorkle Included)

Standard Zetec Snorkle Kit (Snorkle not included)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump.

You guys and gals that where winter is approaching, might want to consider one of these [thumb]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Ray, you ever think of making your own intake system using this under car scoop design? i think you could do it realtively easy, and sell it just like you do this one and maybe make some more $$$

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've thought about it, could modify one of those BOMZ intake kits. I'd rather work on a heat shield for the MAC short ram kits though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
could u make a link to the weather shield

could u make a link to the weather shield ive tried to find it but cant if you could link me it would help a tons

·
Registered
273 Posts
please i am very interested

if you could send me a link to a place i can find this i would love it just let me know what the deal is i mite call you with in the next couple days and ask about this

Standard Ram-Air Shield, with cutout for the stock Zetec snorkle, you supply the snorkle from your stock intake kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts