Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put about 20K miles on my 2013 ST, and all this time I've been able to hit the voice paddle, say "Services", and it'll use my phone to connect. Once I'm connected, I can hit the voice paddle again to bypass the menus. For instance, I'll say "Business Search", and then instead of waiting to hear the known options, I can immediately hit the paddle again and say "Search near me".

But not any more. Starting a week or two ago, when I hit the paddle while hooked to Sync Services, the car's computer instead sends me to the phone menu, so that I can no longer give commands to Sync Services. Hitting the paddle and saying "Search near me" now just makes the car give me an error message, since "Search near me" makes no sense to it when it's expecting a command relevant to the phone functions.

I dunno why it started doing this. I haven't updated the software manually for over a year, unless Ford managed to beam something into the car when I wasn't looking.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the car came with a three year subscription, so I'm still using that.

Sync Services still works, as long as I don't hit the voice command paddle. If I wait until it tells me all the choices and then asks me what I want, it works fine. I just miss being able to interrupt hearing what I already know.

It's especially bad when I want to get directions downloaded to my GPS. Usually when it starts reading results I just hit the paddle and say "Directions" and it sends the info to my GPS right away. Now I can't do that.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
No, the car came with a three year subscription, so I'm still using that.

Sync Services still works, as long as I don't hit the voice command paddle. If I wait until it tells me all the choices and then asks me what I want, it works fine. I just miss being able to interrupt hearing what I already know.

It's especially bad when I want to get directions downloaded to my GPS. Usually when it starts reading results I just hit the paddle and say "Directions" and it sends the info to my GPS right away. Now I can't do that.
You have to renew every year to keep using the service even under the free subscription. If you don't renew after a year it won't work until you log back in and say I want to keep using it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You have to renew every year to keep using the service even under the free subscription. If you don't renew after a year it won't work until you log back in and say I want to keep using it.
Exactly! I just renewed my subscription myself about a week ago and I'm still covered under the 3 year free trial.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, didn't know anything about renewing it yearly. I've had the car for a few months over a year, and the Sync Services sounds the same when I activate it...if I don't press the voice command paddle. It doesn't say anything about logging in or renewing.

I also bought three Focus Titaniums around the same time, and none of them have developed this problem...or required renewing of Sync Services.

What exactly do I have to do to renew it?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Hmm, didn't know anything about renewing it yearly. I've had the car for a few months over a year, and the Sync Services sounds the same when I activate it...if I don't press the voice command paddle. It doesn't say anything about logging in or renewing.

I also bought three Focus Titaniums around the same time, and none of them have developed this problem...or required renewing of Sync Services.

What exactly do I have to do to renew it?
Your complimentary subscription* is active until xx/xx/xxxx. You must renew your subscription every year to continue using these services. If you are at the end of your complimentary subscription period, there may be a charge to renew SYNC Services.
When it's time to renew, we'll remind you of this both in your vehicle and when you log on to support.ford.com.
So you need to create or log into your support.ford.com account and they will have a renewal page.

If you own two or three more cars you may only need to renew once per user account and not per car, that I'm not certain on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I found on support.ford.com where you got that text, but right above it it says "Your subscription is Active", so I guess that isn't the problem?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All fixed. The nice lady at the support chat had me do a master reset. Lost my wallpaper, addresses, had to reconnect my phone, etc....but it worked!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts