Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yeah final pick as i waived to the car, as much as i bitch and moan and rip on my own car i loved the son of a bitch and if its gone, ill miss it for sure!

And yes, both airbags did deploy, i however was not hit by them since my seatbelt stopped me very well. Also, i was the only one in the car at the time so no one else was in the accident besides myself and the other car. Im fine minus being shook up and pissed as well as sad about my car. But the airbag did burn my hand a little bit and i am still washing it trying to clean it out as best as possible.

I need some opinions on what to do if it is totalled as well since i have never had the issue. I have quite a bit of removable goods such as stereo and a module in the glove box.

What do you guys think? The whole motor shifted quite a bit in the engine bay and i should have pics of the engine bay tomorrow when i can get a ride there from my dorm room

*I know i dont post on here much but its jsut not in my usual routine enough yet so sorry of what i do post is some bad shit

Before anyone asks, i was cited and i will be talking to my lawyer monday morning

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kayak_man said:
All i can say is poor focus :-( glad your okay too! :)
Yeah thanks alot, im happy im okay too and to be completely honest once i got home and looked in the mirror my eyes did swell up because i mean it might not be much to someone else, but its my first car and i loved it. maybe its the whole first car thing, but everyone know me by it, i loved my stereo, the way the car sounded and i was just going to respray the rims to cover all the scratches and wheel weights. i dont know but i just loved the car and was completely happy with it

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
what he said, lol.

dude, glad your ok, and i know what you mean about first cars. My ST is my first car, and I will never sell it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
What the hell hit your windshield? Looks like a person did.

Sorry about your car man, that sucks big time. I'm sure most of us have been there at one time or another.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That brings back some unpleasant memories in that last picture. Glad your ok. Yeah, i'll ask the burning question again, what did you hit?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the window shatters like that when the airbags hit it! Bummer about the car man,... If its gone and your gonna get a new one and would like an x-plan to save you a few bucks I will gladly help you with that! Just let me know!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hear you, my eyes swelled up a bit when I got in a wreck in my Ranger. Its never a good feeling to get into a wreck, especially if it is your first one in your first car. Good luck man, I feel for you.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok and everything, but I'm sorry about your car. Keep us posted on what goes on with your insurance co. etc. Good luck !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was pulling out when the lady was in the left hand lane continuing to go straight then she got into the turning lane as i was pulling out and boom that happened. As for the winsdshield i think it was the airbag that [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] that one up. THos eairbags are not pleasant by any means whether you get hit by them or not. Whatever they are filled with burns your lungs as well as your eyes and skin. Luckily when it blew my face never touched it and the only thing that did was my hand which actually feels much better this morning. Thanks for the suppost guys and i will for sure keep you updated.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Airbags air just plain scary. It's basically driving with a bomb staring you in the face. In a lot of cases, they cause more harm than good. If only we didn't have jacko's who decide not to wear a seatbelt, those would never have been mandated.

I'm glad to hear you're okay though. It's also a good thing you didn't have a passenger with you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car looks to be totalled tomorrow, I will get final word sometime throughout the day from the insurance adjuster. Also looks like i will be picking up a 2004 Pitch Black SVT, 3 door with 28xxx miles. It has the blue interior and is immaculte!

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Glad to hear ur ok man. Sorry that happened to ur fofo. I understand how u feel about the car and all. I was shook up too when i hit a deer with mine. Hope u get that SVT, that would be an awesome upgrade[thumb].

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TOMORROW IS THE DAY!

I will begin finallizing everything to get my *new* '04 SVT!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
that's sad about your ride
at least you got out of it OK
that's the most important thing of all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts