Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the turbo install, now waiting to hear from a Tuner...Any Tuner...hint hint.

·
Registered
438 Posts
yeah sick, post up the specs on the turbo and parts used.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Specs:

2003 ZX3 SVT with 25k miles
Garrett T3 60 trim
Greddy FMIC
Greddy Type RS BOV
Tial F38 Wastegate

I did all of the fabrication on the piping and also did the entire install.

Sorry, no numbers yet... No tune=No drive=No numbers. Awaiting anxiously to get her going though. I was doing 200+ with a Zex kit prior to this.

As for the gauges, just wanted to be different. Uh, I mean fit in, Wait, no, I mean different. [paranoid]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliment on the exhaust. A side exhaust is in the works. I'm gonna go for the Roush look like this:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
nice. that exhaust will be hot. really hot on a foci. i kinda wanted to make an exhaust like that. but a 2.5inch rounded slash cut so it came out of the side of the car even.

turbo is sick also. and those battery cables are monsterous. my cables just hung themselves out to dry.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
yea the car looks sleek man, but definitly go for that side exhaust..the rear exhaust is a bit too puny, good luck on the tune

·
Registered
722 Posts
Very nice looking, great job on both the motor and the exterior. The only thing that doesn't agree with me is the center exit exhaust. Don't take me wrong, I like the idea of a center exit exhaust, but I would change the tip. Eiher get the Borla style tip that they make for the center exit, or if it was me, I would do a "custom" double tip kind of like a Mini Cooper S's exhaust. The single round tip that you have now just looks off.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that it looks off. I had a larger single resonator/tip that sounded like poo and it got tossed then I went with a dual setup that didn't really sound right either. The current one makes the exhaust sound just like I want it too, but I'm not crazy about the way it looks.

Anyway, That tip's days are numbered (specifically it's hours are numbered). I just made the first cut for the side exhaust on the driver's side. I would finish it tonight, but I can't get the tip I want (no 24hr exhaust shop), and besides, my wife just got home and laid down the law and told me I had to quit for the night. I'll post pics tomorrow when I get it finished.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Where did you get the exhaust manifold?

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
dang your car looks sice, everything is just perfect, and AND u got the turbo to back ya self up in a stop light fight [:D]

·
Registered
580 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product. I like the cenetr exit, too bad I can't find anything like that for an 05

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just make one for your 05. That's what I did. They make one for my 03 but it's rediculously expensive.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Hey i made that piece! Looks great in your car man [thumb] That turbo setup looks pretty badass to. Hope you get it running soon.[:D]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts