Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been well over a year since I've done anything to my car, so I finally added some new stuff this month. A new exhaust system from Focus Sport, a new DVD/USB/MP3 headunit from Pioneer, and I de-badged the hatch. I plan on removing the rear wiper as well.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
nice focus.. looks good as well.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
i like it keep up the good work

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
loojks great!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Nice wheels, nice head unit, and great exhaust. The focus sport tip looks so nice.

·
Registered
889 Posts
nice :) i want the same one but i want gps there too :) and also how did you debadge it? fan and a string o w.e? coz i wanna do it and cant find how to anywhere

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!
The headunit doesn't have GPS, but it has/does pretty much everything else. As far as the de-badging, I just heated them up with a heat gun (only needed a new seconds since the car sat in direct sunlight all afternoon) and I used small rubber blade that is normally used to apply vinyl lettering to get under the badges and they all just pulled right off. The "SE" was a bit tougher since there is more glue holding it on. The floss method is probably safer than what I did, with the floss you don't have to risk part of the letter digging into the paint. But I didn't have any available when did mine. Then I used solvent to remove the glue and some glaze/polish to remove the trace.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
huh...love the headunit, might have to get me one of those some day.... my personal advice: leave rear wiper... for when that one occasion comes when you're glad you kept it. [:)]

·
Registered
889 Posts
huh...love the headunit, might have to get me one of those some day.... my personal advice: leave rear wiper... for when that one occasion comes when you're glad you kept it. [:)]
yup i agree, imo it even looks better with a wiper then without it + safety first [:D]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
If you dont like the way the rear wiper looks, you should swap it for a rear wiper off of a ford edge. I think they look much better than the ones on foci.

·
Registered
216 Posts
paint the hatch trim strip and the mirror cars. It would really look good. Nice additions!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts