Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
You know what drives me buys about the iPhone? If you are listening to Sirius and you get a text or email it does not play the alert sound, anybody know a way around that??

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't usually celebrate that I've got a BlackBerry but in this case It's nice that my phone does everything except tether.

Nice find, thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You know what drives me buys about the iPhone? If you are listening to Sirius and you get a text or email it does not play the alert sound, anybody know a way around that??

Sent from my iPhone 4S
There is none unless you play sounds through the phone. Basically, it DOES play the sound, but you'll only hear it when you're using the bluetooth with your phone. For instance, if you're streaming Pandora via blueooth from your phone, it will pause to play a chime like it normally would.

That said... if you have a 4s, you can hold the home button and it will pause what you're doing and let you use Siri. It's a really cool thing to keep in mind, I've used it quite a bit. Sometimes Siri understands who I want to call better than Sync. lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
There is none unless you play sounds through the phone. Basically, it DOES play the sound, but you'll only hear it when you're using the bluetooth with your phone. For instance, if you're streaming Pandora via blueooth from your phone, it will pause to play a chime like it normally would.

That said... if you have a 4s, you can hold the home button and it will pause what you're doing and let you use Siri. It's a really cool thing to keep in mind, I've used it quite a bit. Sometimes Siri understands who I want to call better than Sync. lol.
Haha yea I use Siri all the time! It makes driving a stick and using your phone that much easier (yes I know it is unsafe but every once in awhile you have too). I just wish the phone would still play the alert when listening to Sirius and not only when you are streaming via Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Haha yea I use Siri all the time! It makes driving a stick and using your phone that much easier (yes I know it is unsafe but every once in awhile you have too). I just wish the phone would still play the alert when listening to Sirius and not only when you are streaming via Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Agreed there, it is odd that it doesn't, but I'm glad Siri works, makes things a little more convenient!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I wish they tested Virgin Mobile, Boost, and Metro PCS phones for those on a budget. Other than that, it looks like the Windows phones from AT&T (Samsung Focus and an HTC) seems good. I think when I qualify for an upgrade on 6/30/12, I will get a better phone than the POS I have right now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am trying to figure out if I root my HTC thunderbolt if that will open up some of the features, such as tethering, or if thats a limitation of the bluetooth hardware in the phone and not simply because verizon has it locked out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried 10 different ways, but there is no way to download the phonebook

from my EVO 4G, & still have it pair with the phone consistently. :/

·
Registered
444 Posts
List still isn't fully updated.

Galaxy S II
Bold 9900

are not listed which are the two i really want to see what and what doesn't work

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^Apparently the GS2 is 100% compatible.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm glad my phone (Droid X) is best for music streaming, which is exactly what I want. Don't believe that it will display track info with any consistency though. It's gotten worse and worse and now rarely ever displays for me. My phone also seems to be really good at crashing MFT.

Update: I just noticed that the chart lists "Droid X, Android 2.1." My phone came with 2.2 and now runs 2.3.3. Eclair is down to 11.7% market share (http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html) now, and there's no reason to be running it on a Droid X... Not promising.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the iPhone 4G and it seems to work quite well.. no photo ID though. Streams music great, the bluetooth phone calling works really well also. I don't have much luck voice dialing at all though (yes it is programmed to only download favorites). No SMS texting either.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I mentioned in a previous post that I might consider a Windows phone. Do any of you Focus Fanatics have a Windows phone and if you do, tell me how well it worked for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Motorola Driod Bionic, the bluetooth for the phone works great, Call id -Y,Auto phonebook download -Y, Call history -Y, Join Calls- not sure, Text Mess -Y have to download messages first, Audio streamming - have not tried I use my iPod Touch, Photo id & tethering - have not tried.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I paired my friends 4S and it works very well with MFT. I like how Siri integrates with MFT, press the Home button on the 4S and chat away with Siri.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I paired my friends 4S and it works very well with MFT. I like how Siri integrates with MFT, press the Home button on the 4S and chat away with Siri.
You can do the same with any Android phone and I use this routinely. It's not Siri, but it's actually better in a number of ways since the voice recognition is done on google servers instead of the phone. Now, if only MFT provided a way to map a steering wheel button to the home button on your phone... It's possible via bluetooth, but MFT would have to implement it. I can dream.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts