Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a BOMZ intake and a heat shield (I know it's cheap, but it's got a chrome polished look[8D]...I'm gonna hook it up with some cooler air, trust me ). I'll order my FC 65mm t/b tomorrow along with a set of Fidanza cam gears, and in 2 weeks, I'm ordering some Crower stage 2 cams.

I'm having a local garage install the cams and gears, and I was wandering, do I need to buy anything else to add all these things to my car?

Also, what is involved in the dyno tuning? Is it just to tune the cam gears?

Do I need bigger injectors, or would that just be a nice bonus? (I'd rather wait to do that with a supercharger later)

For those who remember my post about the V8 conversion...I still think it's awsome, but I'd rather have the 2005 Mustang[:D]

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, sorry not to mention that..I just added to my signature (will it show up there?)

I have JBA short, high-flow cat, flex, and 2.25 magnaflow

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
ok...
but why cam gears ?
why not a better intake?

sell that one and buy a volant...
OR a TB !

Joel

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm installing cams and gears at the same time in about 3-4 weeks. I like the look of the ram-air intake with duel cone filter...I'll get cool air to it with some work. I'm getting the TB tomorrow....

BTW...I chose the Fidanzas because they have the widest range of adjustment, and I figured the quality is okay because some of you out there in FF have them. It's also the cheapest...should I go with FC or something? or are these okay?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
the fidanzas will be fine.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered my parts!!![:D] (and updated my signature)

Now all I need are my cams and dyno time.[thumb]

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey just a question, ARE YOU RICH? cause i mean you want a 2005 mustang, and yet your still doing some heavy modding to your focus. another question is will you adopt me as your son and give me money?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
BUT he still got a cheap BOMZ intake...

[nono]
[slap]

[hihi]

Joel

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
damn wanna loan me $260 for a highflow cat? lol

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha...the BOMZ is SUPER CHEAP!!! I got it in particular because I figured all the short ram intakes were gonna be the same regardless of brand name, and I don't like the look of the long tube CAI (I want to see more than pipes). And besides it's all chrome and shiny looking.[:D]
LMFAO...I'm not RICH!!! I just budget my money toward my hobbies (I have about $600 worth of fishing gear and NO BOAT!! lol). If you look at my list of mods though, I've spent nothing on appearance of anything but the engine.[burnout]
After these mods, I'm getting some window tint, some wheels, and then suspension drop (in that order...wheels will be in the spring). Then it's JRSC and 2005 Mustang (I want that car so bad[bigcry] )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts