Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been on the board about a month and i just did my first 'mod!' I didn't like how my ZX4 ST's grille was all silver, so tonight i broke out the spray paint and painted it up. I think it looks 100% better already.

just so yall know, these pictures are from my HTC EVO.. so they're not the best.. haha

Before:

During:

And After:

I'll get some pictures tomorrow when its light outside.. I love it though. its been bothering me since even before I bought the car haha. Thanks for lookin!

edit: i've also got an unrelated question. is there any way to lower the driver's seat in these cars? when i'm driving, my head is constantly in the ceiling, and i've tried adjusting everything to no avail..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if you look in the first picture, the grille is silver. then in the next pic, the grille is missing. then the one after that, the grille is painted black in my hand, and the fourth picture is the newly painted black grille on the car.

i'll put in a recommendation for you at my eye doctor so you can get them checked out.

edit: here is a better before picture.

·
Registered
752 Posts
did you over spray on the hood or is that shadow?. dirt?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ I assume it's a shodow since the grill wasn't even on the car when he painted it.

Looks a 100 times better than the original setup. Keep the mods coming. lol

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
black mesh and color matched surround is the way to go [thumb]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you over spray on the hood or is that shadow?. dirt?
i just went all willy nilly with the paint..

noo like VVV said, its a shadow. there is a huge branch that blocks off half the light from the street light right there.. i taped it off and everything.
^^ I assume it's a shodow since the grill wasn't even on the car when he painted it.

Looks a 100 times better than the original setup. Keep the mods coming. lol
Thanks!! since i'm ballin on a budget, i've been thinking of getting some gunmetal paint for my wheels.. my first car was about the same shade of silver, and i painted the alloys with duplicolor gun metal, and they looked amazing.. Im probably going to do that at some point..

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
You need some blacked out headlights now! I felt the same way about my grill, and finally painted it this summer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that looks awesome! the headlights definitely do tie everything together..

here is a pic with my real camera from just a little while ago

1 - 9 of 9 Posts