Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some pics of the new paint. house of colors oh-so-orange six layer candy. very cloudy when taken, no justice to the true glory

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
wow dude, if i could repaint my car, it would be that color! serious hawtness!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
haha, i was thinkin "darn, so thats what it would look like if my car was trashed" then i realized those weren't pre-wreck pics, they were post-paint pics, lol. you're right though, pics don't do it justice, looks about like my stock copper, sure it's even better in person. great choice.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah that is after the rough cut buff. its just compound. the wheels are an old set on for paint. the color is sick after wet sand and buff. just the paint was $4400. quart and half of each candy plus a silver shimren base coat with tri side metallic flake in green yellow orange. plus ultra wet clear. 2 coats base. 2 coats each candy. 10 coats clear(1 coat before your just adding clear and not accomplishing any shine/depth). better pics to come upon pick up. and it started as sonic blue

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good! Do you have any more pictures of the prep work? I am looking at painting a ZX3 I recently obtained and was just wondering about the details.
no prep pics. but it takes a VERY talented painter and body man to make candy colors come out right. also body must be perfect as the candy works off light lines. so any tweak in the metal will make the light line croked or scribbled

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the compliments, cant wait to pick it up pics to come later today for sure. maybe it will be sunny so you can see the real color

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.