Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I signed all the paperwork for my new 2012 Focus Hatch SE! I pick it up in a few hours. Im pretty anxious here at home waiting for the call. I drove a sedan, then a hatchback and I loved the way the Hatch felt on the road much better. I dont know if there really wasa differance or maybe it was because the Hatch is what I truly wanted to begin with. I must say I was a bit dissapointed in how little the Ford salesman knew about Ford in General. He didn't even know the ST is going to have a 250(ish)hp eco-boost. Me being a Ford guy got a litltle irked, just think if you work for one of the greatest, and few remaining, American companies you should have a littl more pride and read up on its background and what not. But anyway, I'll post a pic later. But it'll look a lot different a week from now![8D]

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got black. There were only two things I wanted in a focus, it had to be black and have sync! everything else i honestly didnt care about. This is my first car purchase, I inherited my parents 2003 Explorer back in 2006 when I graduated high school, and I loved that car so much. 100k+ miles and was never in the shop once. Now that Ford has upped its quality I expect the same kind of reliability for many years to come. It'll be nice to save gas!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Give us the specs! Oh yeah, and pics or it didn't happen!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm also a new owner!

Signed all the paperwork on Sunday night. It's a dealer trade and will be here by Friday. They took my trade-in and gave me a Mustang to drive while I wait.

I want my Focus so bad! The wait is KILLING me! (and my dog, who can't go to daycare or the dog park until I get the Focus, since the dealership probably wouldn't appreciate him riding shotgun in the Mustang)

Pretty much got it fully loaded:

Silver Ti Hatchback
Black leather seats
Cold weather package
Parking assist
Voice navigation
Moonroof
Sport suspension with 18" wheels

I really only required leather seats and nav, the rest of the stuff was a bonus they gave me a good deal on. That and I didn't want to wait 8-12 weeks to order one ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a little ticked now. Here's the situation, the car I signed for last night was supposed to be brought from another dealership about 30miles away. The salesman calls me today and says it's not going to be here today because the other dealerships trade finance (or whatever he called him) guy wasn't working today. Told him I was upset. So he calls me 30min later and says they found another one with the exactsame options and they'll have it in tonight, we'll just have to re do some paperwork, I say great! So e alls me again and says it won't be here in time tonight because it was being brought from orange county! That's 200miles away from San Diego! It'll be ready at 9:30am. What should I do? I'm unhappy mainly at the fact thy car is possibly going to have about 300miles maybe, 200 at the least, and they kinda ticked me off because he Garaunteed it would be here for me tonight. The other paper work I already signed tho, if I wanted to cancel the deal altogether and shop elsewhere, could I? And if not should I try to get like 5oil changes out if them or what!? It's my fest time buying a car so help me!

·
Registered
968 Posts
You're talking to people who (mostly) had to wait 8-12+ weeks for their Focus so...
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^LOL right. And technically your not a owner yet lol. Ok now after poking a lil' fun, that sucks that they keep telling you that it will be here by a certain time only to find out that they can't get the car there. I'd be frustrated too

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not in that situation though. I was Garaunteed it was going to be here tonight. 12wks! Wow, I could barely sleep last night being so excited!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is your first time purchasing a car so please let me give you some advice from someone who has purchased 12 brand new cars.

Dealerships lie.

Don't be at all surprised if the car that finally shows up mysteriously has a higher price tag than the car you originally bargained for.

·
Registered
968 Posts
This is your first time purchasing a car so please let me give you some advice from someone who has purchased 12 brand new cars.

Dealerships lie.

Don't be at all surprised if the car that finally shows up mysteriously has a higher price tag than the car you originally bargained for.
And don't pay for any bs, like dealer installed pinstriping, or window etching.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
416 Posts
Signed all the paperwork on Sunday night. It's a dealer trade and will be here by Friday. They took my trade-in and gave me a Mustang to drive while I wait.

I want my Focus so bad! The wait is KILLING me! (and my dog, who can't go to daycare or the dog park until I get the Focus, since the dealership probably wouldn't appreciate him riding shotgun in the Mustang)

Pretty much got it fully loaded:

Silver Ti Hatchback
Black leather seats
Cold weather package
Parking assist
Voice navigation
Moonroof
Sport suspension with 18" wheels

I really only required leather seats and nav, the rest of the stuff was a bonus they gave me a good deal on. That and I didn't want to wait 8-12 weeks to order one ;)
Kryssa....sounds like your car and mine are twins...you'll love it!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright folks, I'll be on my way shortly to pick up the car and sign the paper work for this different one. If the mileage isnt to my liking and the final price is even a cent more I'm walking out. I'll hapily post pics if I bring it home. I'm sure I'll bring something home today whether it's from them or a different Ford Dealer

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alright folks, I'll be on my way shortly to pick up the car and sign the paper work for this different one. If the mileage isnt to my liking and the final price is even a cent more I'm walking out. I'll hapily post pics if I bring it home. I'm sure I'll bring something home today whether it's from them or a different Ford Dealer

[thumb] Good Luck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kryssa....sounds like your car and mine are twins...you'll love it!!!
I'm SO EXCITED to get my car. You have great taste in cars!!! I love the silver!

This is my first time on a car forum, so it's great to read everything the members have posted (well, except the MFT problems, but I'm hoping that gets better with time...)

Of course, when signing the paperwork on Sunday the salesguy kept saying it would be here by Tuesday (yesterday!) but it's still not here. He even told me there was a good chance it would be here on Monday! Now he says Friday. The loaner Mustang they gave me has to be returned on Friday, so it better be here by then. I don't want the Mustang anymore!

Salesguy says there is a lengthy process they are going through to get the dealer trade approved by Ford and the other dealership isn't helping by taking a long time to decide what they want from my dealership. I'm frustrated because I know that if this sale hinged on it being here in an hour it would be. However, I had such a hard time finding a car with the options I wanted that I wanted to sign everything so nobody else could buy that one.

I feel like I'm stuck with the crappy part of buying a car (mainly accepting a car payment for the next 5 days) and I don't have any of the good part- having an actual new car!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm SO EXCITED to get my car. You have great taste in cars!!! I love the silver!

This is my first time on a car forum, so it's great to read everything the members have posted (well, except the MFT problems, but I'm hoping that gets better with time...)

Of course, when signing the paperwork on Sunday the salesguy kept saying it would be here by Tuesday (yesterday!) but it's still not here. He even told me there was a good chance it would be here on Monday! Now he says Friday. The loaner Mustang they gave me has to be returned on Friday, so it better be here by then. I don't want the Mustang anymore!

Salesguy says there is a lengthy process they are going through to get the dealer trade approved by Ford and the other dealership isn't helping by taking a long time to decide what they want from my dealership. I'm frustrated because I know that if this sale hinged on it being here in an hour it would be. However, I had such a hard time finding a car with the options I wanted that I wanted to sign everything so nobody else could buy that one.

I feel like I'm stuck with the crappy part of buying a car (mainly accepting a car payment for the next 5 days) and I don't have any of the good part- having an actual new car!
Don't let them try to sob story you, they sold you a bill of goods and promises, they need to fulfill them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Enjoy your Mustang while you got it. Remember, you will have your focus for years, but you can enjoy the Mustang at least for the week!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I brought it home! It has extra features that the original car didn't and they left it at the same price! Here it is

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks great Edgar and great news on the added options!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congratulations on receiving your new FF today! They sure are great looking cars.
[ffrocks]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts