Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the forums as I just recently purchased a 2012 Focus SE HB. This is my first Focus but I'm already thrilled with the car.

One thing I forgot to test (as did the dealer even though it passed their CPO inspection) before purchasing the vehicle was the horn. Now that I've had the vehicle a few days I learned the horn doesn't work. I opened the hood, checked the fuse (still a good fuse), and happened to notice a loose cable just beside the hood latch. Could this be the issue with the horn? If not, does anyone know where the end connects?

Attachments

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
That looks like the hood latch sensor, the one that tells the car that the hood is open or closed. It should be mounted near the latch. It has nothing to do with the horn.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello all. I am new to the forums as I just recently purchased a 2012 Focus SE HB. This is my first Focus but I'm already thrilled with the car.

One thing I forgot to test (as did the dealer even though it passed their CPO inspection) before purchasing the vehicle was the horn. Now that I've had the vehicle a few days I learned the horn doesn't work. I opened the hood, checked the fuse (still a good fuse), and happened to notice a loose cable just beside the hood latch. Could this be the issue with the horn? If not, does anyone know where the end connects?
Welcome to the forum!

Have you had a chance to head back to your dealer to get this looked at? They'll be in the best position to assist on this, but keep me updated. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah you should be able to get the dealer to fix this. I had a speaker blow within the first 30 days I had my car (my 2009 that I bought earlier this year) and also a brake rotor shield that was squeaking against my rotor and the dealership fixed both free of charge. You're only a few days into ownership at this point so I'm sure they're be willing to fix that for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome and helpful responses. I haven't had the chance to run the car back to a dealer yet as I've been out of town. I'll try to locate the horn this weekend and check the connections. If that doesn't work I'll be sure to visit the dealer next week.

Again, thank you all. Hopefully in the coming weeks and months, I'll be able to contribute.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome and helpful responses. I haven't had the chance to run the car back to a dealer yet as I've been out of town. I'll try to locate the horn this weekend and check the connections. If that doesn't work I'll be sure to visit the dealer next week.

Again, thank you all. Hopefully in the coming weeks and months, I'll be able to contribute.
One you set up an appointment, be sure to let me know. :)

Meagan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts