Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just purchased a 2003 SVTF in Black it has 72,400 miles on it, and I am the second owner (unless you count Reynolds Ford in Norman, OK who I bought it
from). The car was bought new at that dealer, and according to CarFax and the Person in the dealers shop, all of the Scheduled maintenance was performed there as well.

It has the Cold weather package, the Audiophile sound system, sun roof etc..

The previous owner also gifted me with a Jackson Racing Supercharger, and I believe, but am not sure the Ford big boost kit. Any one know how to tell?

For some reason the tranny, clutch slave cylinder, and clutch were replaced at approximately 25,000 miles. Not sure why.

Some issues are that the traction control does not seem to work, the light never comes on, no matter how much I press the switch. I suppose it could be a burnt out light. the ABS light comes on when the key in in the accessory position, so that part of it seems to be working. Is there a separate fuse for the Traction control?

I also cannot find the cord for the block heater, I dont need it right now, but with the blizzards we have had the last 2 years here in Oklahoma City, I might need it later.

Also the dealer wants a little over $500 to perform the 75,000 Scheduled maintenance, is that a normal price? It seems pretty high.

Thanks

Chuck England

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello and welcome

The clutch was probably replaced to to TSB issue. Here is a little more information on it. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98472

There is no traction fuse it is with the abs if you pull it the abs traction light and brake light come on. My guess is that when it was tuned for the Jackson Racing Supercharger that the previous owner asked the tuner to get rid of that.

Mine was under the battery cover yours could be lost somewhere in the engine if not there.

Depends what all they want to do I would strongly suggest getting the timing belt done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

The cam belt will probably be my first order of business.

The clutch was indeed replaced under the TSB.

I did some searching, and found that the original and only other owner
of my car is a member of this board (pat247). He traded the car in to
the dealer for one of those new F150's with the twin turbo 6 cyl.

Pat was gracious in inviting me to his home, and providing me with the
owners manual and all of the service receipts and and documentation he had
accumulated since 2003, when he bought the car new. He also provided me
with all of the documentation for the supercharger mod, and I now have the
original window sticker and the SVT certificate with the build info.

Thanks

Chuck England

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cool! I'm very happy to have found my one-owner, almost-pristine SVT (even at twice the miles of yours), but I must say I'd be grinning even MORE if it had a supercharger on it... =)

Nice score.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

The cam belt will probably be my first order of business.

The clutch was indeed replaced under the TSB.

I did some searching, and found that the original and only other owner
of my car is a member of this board (pat247). He traded the car in to
the dealer for one of those new F150's with the twin turbo 6 cyl.

Pat was gracious in inviting me to his home, and providing me with the
owners manual and all of the service receipts and and documentation he had
accumulated since 2003, when he bought the car new. He also provided me
with all of the documentation for the supercharger mod, and I now have the
original window sticker and the SVT certificate with the build info.

Thanks

Chuck England
Nice find on the svt focus. That's soo awesome that your found the previous owner and landed some cool stuff. Enjoy the hell out of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts