Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super stoked to say I just got back from the dealership with a Focus ST! The vehicle was pre-owned but the previous owner did some work for me. From what I can tell the vehicle already has: Boomba BOV, MBRP catback, Custom Performance CAI and a COBB short throw.

So far I am loving every bit of it. Once I get situated with payments I planned on possibly getting a COBB tuner or going with the Ford Performance tune? Any other recommendations? I have done a good amount of research in general about the ST before I bought but would like real time info from real owners.

Thanks Y'all, excited to extend my focus family!

·
So mote be it
8,856 Posts
Since you are out of warranty, no use in going with the ford performance tune. You'll get better results with a custom tune on COBB's AccessPort. Bunch of solid tuners out there that tune on the AP. I suggest you search around and do some reading on which tuners to use. You'll find people that praise and hate each one, so best to decide who would suit you best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I am favoring the stratified package that includes their tune and a COBB in one package. One thing I was pondering is if I should do a FMIC BEFORE tuning or if the computer would compensate for the intake temps regardless of the tune.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
So far I am favoring the stratified package that includes their tune and a COBB in one package. One thing I was pondering is if I should do a FMIC BEFORE tuning or if the computer would compensate for the intake temps regardless of the tune.
Get a fmic & a 3'' d/p before.....http://cjponyparts.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. Wanting to preferably do any performance mods before ordering the tune to save multiple tunes after every mod. Once I get to that point I will probably be done for a while.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Agreed. Wanting to preferably do any performance mods before ordering the tune to save multiple tunes after every mod. Once I get to that point I will probably be done for a while.
Throw a Cobb sts bracket onboard as well as a Quaife diff.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts