Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I recently picked up a 2005 Focus ZX3, dealer maintained, and very clean, no rust, etc. I need to detail the interior, but that's about it.

I'm fairly certain it does not have A/C. I see a sticker under the hood that mentions R134A, but I can't find any charge pipes, nor is there an A/C button on the dash.

It's a pretty basic car, but just what I needed. The no A/C thing doesn't bug me too much.

I broke the HVAC vent cable. Found a new one on eBay for $20. Anyone know about how long that takes to put in? It doesn't look too hard, just removing the dash pieces and lower sections to undo.

I'm kind of new to the Focus, but know they're great cars. My car says it has the 2.0L. That would be the Zetec engine, correct? I've heard great things about them, and with it being a non-interference engine, I've got a lot of faith in it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Zetec dosnt say 2.0 right on it. The SPI does though to the best of my knowledge. Post a picture and we can tell you for sure. I bought my Focus without AC as well. If you look into it more post a thread. Welcome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Yeah I just saw the sticker under the hood that said "2.0L"

I wasn't sure actually what engine it had.

Looks like the Duratec is chain drive. I just don't feel like replacing a timing belt.

Anyone have over 200k on a Duratec 5spd with minimal issues?

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Thanks guys!

Yeah I just saw the sticker under the hood that said "2.0L"

I wasn't sure actually what engine it had.

Looks like the Duratec is chain drive. I just don't feel like replacing a timing belt.

Anyone have over 200k on a Duratec 5spd with minimal issues?
Well by 200k there will need to be maintenance that has been done, if it has been well maintained then it should have minimal issues. Most parts that wear should be replaced at some point; tires, brakes, suspension/bushings, clutch, fluids/filters, air intake filter ect. Things that have been known to go prematurely are alternator/battery, clutch master cylinder...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts