Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone I recently purchased a 2003 ZX3, I drive it everyday to school, here's the issue:
Sometimes, usually when I leave school I've noticed that the car doesn't brake like it usually does, the pedal gets to a point where I can't press it any harder but the car doesn't quite stop and slowly advances (scary).
I also noticed this only happens when I have the AC on (doesn't know if this matters anyway).
So, I took the car to the local shop and they diagnosed the Master Cylinder going bad, I looked for a second opinion at the dealership and they said the same thing... OK the dealer changed the cylinder and bled the brakes, problem still on... I returned, they checked again: no problem. I went then to the shop, they checked and re-bled the brakes: everything ok. They even tested the brakes going up to 60 km/h and pressing the brakes and the car stopped wonderfully... but the next day on my way home the pedal got like stuck again and the car slowly (really slowly) stopped. (AC on-after that I turned it off and the brakes became normal again)
I don't know what else to do, I've been following the forums for some time now and I just thought you guys might give me a hint on what's going on [V]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Hmmmm. The brakes are helped along by the brake booster which is operated by vacuum. How does the car run normally? Does it idle unusually high or anything? It almost sounds like you have a vac leak somewhere causing the brake booster to not work. Maybe even in the booster line. Cause if you bled the brakes and replaced the master cylinder then that would be the next place to go. Maybe the bladder in the booster is bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thanks for your reply. The car goes fine, It idles OK I haven't noticed it going mad or anything. I'll get the booster checked then...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts